cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Masterbation, Nordicism, and Concubines/Man-whores (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9026)

InVinoVeritas 06-13-2007 05:12 PM

Masterbation, Nordicism, and Concubines/Man-whores

Mike

Indy Coug 06-13-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 89535)
I don't need an explanation to why anal sex in marraige isn't an ecouraged sexually practice. I can use common sense and figure that one out on my own.

It's because those church pews are hard enough to sit on for 3 hours as it is.

UteStar 06-13-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 89535)
Mike Waters asked on CB why the church discourages sperm donation and egg implantation without explanation.

Here is a story: One time a young college student went to a singles ward and the bishop called him in to an interview and asked if he was inolved in all types of unchaste acts and gave detailed reasons why they were wrong. The young man wasn't involved in any of those things, but in short order he began to experiment. Why? Because the ideas had been planted in his innocent mind.

That seems a little farfetched and a little strange to me.

As for this quote: IVV: "I don't need an explanation to why anal sex in marraige isn't an ecouraged sexually practice. I can use common sense and figure that one out on my own."

Does the church really encourage specific sexual practices at all? I don't think I have ever read where the church encourages specific positions that a man and woman can enjoy and feel uplifted.

nikuman 06-13-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 89542)
That seems a little farfetched and a little strange to me.

As for this quote: "I don't need an explanation to why anal sex in marraige isn't an ecouraged sexually practice. I can use common sense and figure that one out on my own." Does the church really encourage specific sexual practices at all? I don't think I have ever read where the church encourages specific positions that a man and woman can enjoy and feel uplifted.

My understanding of the church policy on sex in marriage is that they do not get involved - it's a "use your common sense" issue.

On the masterbation issue, I know a couple that did IVF and specifically checked out method of procuring sperm from the local Bishop, who gave the green light to masterbate away. That seems sensible to me.

Jeff Lebowski 06-13-2007 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 89604)
I don't think they encourage any sexual practices...except to have sex. I do think they discourage certain sexual practices however.

Now what kind of fool would go to the bishop to get clearance on a sex act? Ignorance is bliss.

Jeff Lebowski 06-13-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 89613)
Well....everyone who is married in the temple.

???

What do you do, make a written list of positions and acts and go in and have the bishop give a thumbs up or thumbs down on each one?

"Well, Brother IVV, I am not sure I recognize all of these. And by the way, you left number 69 blank."

Archaea 06-13-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 89621)
???

What do you do, make a written list of positions and acts and go in and have the bishop give a thumbs up or thumbs down on each one?

"Well, Brother IVV, I am not sure I recognize all of these. And by the way, you left number 69 blank."

Bishop: Brother could you and Sister provide a demonstration, I'm not certain understand what you're describing. You don't mind if we videotape, do you?

UteStar 06-13-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 89635)
No list...but you do have to talk to the Bishop and SP prior to getting married in the Temple and therefore prior to having sex. You basically have to have their permission.

And...from my understanding, Bishops and SP often counsel couples on appropriate sexual practices.

I was simply given the 'Respect each other in your sexual life with each other.' Man, that would be an awesome conversation if he started to discuss the 'appropriate' sexual practices. I honestly don't know what I would have said if he started talking that way.

cougjunkie 06-13-2007 08:11 PM

in the temple the temple president met with us and his exact words were "What happens behind closed doors is between you, your wife, and the lord, i dont want to know about it or hear about it"

scottie 06-13-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas (Post 89635)
And...from my understanding, Bishops and SP often counsel couples on appropriate sexual practices.

Never heard that one before.