cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home Improvement and Real Estate (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   why the conspiracy to leave out Texas? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6836)

il Padrino Ute 03-02-2007 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 63550)
Thank you Mark Twain.

You are welcome.

But it's true. I nearly froze my hiney off sitting in Candlestick Park watching a Giants/Dodgers game way back in '89.

BarbaraGordon 03-02-2007 02:51 AM

I have to agree with Marsupial on this one. And I don't just mean Texas. Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, whatever. We'd love to escape.

On the other hand, here you can get 2500 sf and a couple of acres in the best school district for around 200k.

When Mr. Gordon had a job offer in Seattle, the ONLY free-standing structure less than 300k was an "as-is fixer-upper" with no running water.

Indoor plumbing is so overrated.

MikeWaters 03-02-2007 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 63556)
I have to agree with Marsupial on this one. And I don't just mean Texas. Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, whatever. We'd love to escape.

What's preventing you? Job? Husband finishing school? Plenty of poor people doing janitor work in SF. It's not like everyone that lives or works there is rich.

I could see living in a place like San Diego, but not on a doctor's salary.

BarbaraGordon 03-02-2007 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 63557)
What's preventing you?

Family.

Relocation expense.

Newton's first law.

Detroitdad 03-02-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 63557)
What's preventing you? Job? Husband finishing school? Plenty of poor people doing janitor work in SF. It's not like everyone that lives or works there is rich.

I could see living in a place like San Diego, but not on a doctor's salary.

San Diego sucks. When I drive the moving van away from here on my way to my next destination I wouldn't be surprised to see it sink into the sea in my rear view mirror.

BigFatMeanie 03-02-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 63659)
San Diego sucks. When I drive the moving van away from here on my way to my next destination I wouldn't be surprised to see it sink into the sea in my rear view mirror.

Wow. I think it's pretty safe to say that your opinion opinion about San Diego is in the minority.

I lived in Solana Beach for a while when I was a kid. I loved it there and I know my parents loved it there and have considered building a retirement home there. Of course, I haven't been back there in 25 years so a lot may have changed but it's not often I hear people dissing San Diego.

FMCoug 04-03-2007 09:09 PM

I agree with BigFatMeanie on this one. If we ever leave Texas, would be one of the top places we'd consider going. Of course, winning the PowerBall is a prerequisite.