cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Steak, everyday and all day (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21368)

UteStar 07-31-2008 08:52 PM

Steak, everyday and all day

Seriously, I could eat a ribeye bone-in steak for every meal. I am embarrassed by the number of steaks that I have eaten this summer.

I will also grill some vegetables (usually just mushrooms, onions and tomatoes). My steaks are simple. I cook them medium, add some garlic salt and pepper and I am good to go. I don't need no stinkin' rice or potatoes to go with it either.

MikeWaters 07-31-2008 08:56 PM

your poor arteries.

ERCougar 07-31-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 249432)
Seriously, I could eat a ribeye bone-in steak for every meal. I am embarrassed by the number of steaks that I have eaten this summer.

I will also grill some vegetables (usually just mushrooms, onions and tomatoes). My steaks are simple. I cook them medium, add some garlic salt and pepper and I am good to go. I don't need no stinkin' rice or potatoes to go with it either.

Amen--olive oil, salt, and pepper. I hate it when people get beyond the basics, although I might allow garlic salt to substitute for the salt. Why mess with a good thing?

TripletDaddy 07-31-2008 09:26 PM

My route:

filets...has to be filets. Costco sells some nice ones, not too pricey. Good marbling is a must.

lightly seasoned with hickory smoke and garlic

left out to get to room temp before grilling....maybe 2 or so hours before grill time.

Put on the grill, flame down as low as possible.

coat with a mix of melted butter and garlic salt. after each flip. dont overcoat or else it will flame.

For every inch of thickness, I flip the steak about every 4-5 minutes.

For the average filet, that means 3 total flips after the initial placement....17 or so minutes.

Take off the flame, place in a covered tupperware for about 4 or so minutes so allow final internal cooking.

Serve. Nice, medium rare filets.

I enjoy grilled veggies, corn on the cob, baked potato, or potato salad with my steak.

Also, Hawaiian Punch. I pretend it is an expensive cabernet.

TripletDaddy 07-31-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

rice with steak? yikes!

"Welcome to Morton's....what would you like to eat?"

"I'd like a bowl of rice, please."

MikeWaters 07-31-2008 09:38 PM

i'll bet utestar has had more steak this summer than I have had my entire life.

UteStar 07-31-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 249482)
i'll bet utestar has had more steak this summer than I have had my entire life.

You are probably correct and that is just sad. Waters, you will never be the man that I am, without downing steaks like there is no tomorrow. Eating steak this summer has also doubled my sexy chest hairs from 3 chest hairs to 6. Thank you Steaks!

Cali Coug 08-01-2008 04:14 AM

Quote:

You picked my favorite cut of meat. The bone in ribeye is, bar none, the best combination of taste and tenderness in a cut of meat you can buy.

Surfah 08-05-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 249471)
rice with steak? yikes!

"Welcome to Morton's....what would you like to eat?"

"I'd like a bowl of rice, please."

I prefer white sticky rice with my steaks thank you. There's another billion of us that would agree.

TripletDaddy 08-05-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 250251)
I prefer white sticky rice with my steaks thank you. There's another billion of us that would agree.

I hate the Asian Race Card. there is no comeback (unless you are Indian)