cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other College Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Congrats to the Utah Utes... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26077)

il Padrino Ute 05-23-2009 10:39 PM

Congrats to the Utah Utes...

for winning the MWC baseball tournament.

This is actually big for the conference, as there will now be three teams in the NCAA Regionals. TCU and SDSU will get at large bids.

Not bad for a conference that is usually weak in baseball. This may help the entire conference turn the corner and start to get better.

MikeWaters 05-24-2009 01:14 AM

Congrats to the BYU Cougars who get to finish their season early and get back to the things that are more important than sports, esp. baseball.

il Padrino Ute 05-24-2009 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 305554)
Congrats to the BYU Cougars who get to finish their season early and get back to the things that are more important than sports, esp. baseball.

More important than baseball?

I could agree that there are things more important than baseball, but no sport is more important. Baseball is the one sport that I'm confident that the Almighty endorses.

MikeWaters 05-30-2009 04:08 PM

Congrats to the Utes, who just lost to Cal State Fullerton, 18-2.

il Padrino Ute 05-30-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 305712)
Congrats to the Utes, who just lost to Cal State Fullerton, 18-2.

Yep, they got worked last night. So did my Marist Red Foxes.

I will always believe it's better to get your butt kicked in the NCAA tournament than not be in the NCAA tournament.

MikeWaters 05-30-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 305713)
Yep, they got worked last night. So did my Marist Red Foxes.

I will always believe it's better to get your butt kicked in the NCAA tournament than not be in the NCAA tournament.

you couldn't have had your hopes up, given that they had a losing record to BYU this year.

il Padrino Ute 05-30-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 305714)
you couldn't have had your hopes up, given that they had a losing record to BYU this year.

No, not really. The Utes didn't win one series against any team other than AFA this year - and they split the series with Air Force. It was a team that couldn't find a way to win until the conference tournament.

MikeWaters 05-30-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 305715)
No, not really. The Utes didn't win one series against any team other than AFA this year - and they split the series with Air Force. It was a team that couldn't find a way to win until the conference tournament.

Sometimes it is gratifying when Cinderella falls into the mud and gets her leg run over by the carriage.

il Padrino Ute 05-31-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 305716)
Sometimes it is gratifying when Cinderella falls into the mud and gets her leg run over by the carriage.

You'll have to wait at least one more day for that gratification. Utes avoided elimination this afternoon.

MikeWaters 05-31-2009 02:09 PM

When is the last time that BYU played in the regionals? Or made the postseason at all?