cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kings 2012 (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28658)

MikeWaters 11-01-2012 02:44 AM

Kings 2012

Jimmer played six seconds.

Key in-bounds at end of game, kings get a five second callagainst them.

Keith Smart is the most ironically named coach in the NBA.

MikeWaters 11-03-2012 03:08 AM

watching Jimmer's defense tonight....I'm beginning to wonder if he is going to have a role in this league. I didn't see any improvement.

Viking 12-26-2012 02:09 AM

Mike, Jimmer is actually much improved at this point. His PER is the best on the team and he's getting 1/3rd less minutes than Isaiah but scoring only 10% less per game than him.

Keith Smart has sh•t for brains, frankly.

MikeWaters 12-26-2012 08:40 PM

I don't see many games since I don't have League Pass.

But I do follow the box scores and read descriptions of players' performances and grades.

It looks like Jimmer's offensive playing has picked up. But his defensive game is still very problematic. He is not quick enough to stay in front of point guards. And the lack of quickness is further compounded by lack of size when playing against 2s. If he can score in buckets, but also gives up points in buckets, then it's a wash.

To compare him against Isaiah Thomas is not very useful when IT has been having a terrible year, has been in Smart's doghouse, and is playing with what appears to be little confidence.

It's indisputable that IT was the better guard last year.

The whole Kings team is dysfunctional. They are built around Cousins, who is a giant crazy baby and Reke, who is a dribble-drive-til-I-score player. Their third best player Thornton, apparently has made a pact that he will not shave his Hitler mustache until he gets 50 FG attempts in a game. He keeps trying...

Viking 12-27-2012 12:50 AM

I hope, for Jimmer's, sake that he gets to a real club. Jimmer in a Mavs uniform gives me the warm fuzzies.

realtall 12-27-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viking (Post 317394)
I hope, for Jimmer's, sake that he gets to a real club. Jimmer in a Mavs uniform gives me the warm fuzzies.

Interesting, though what the Mavericks need most now are players who can play defense. They score just fine. I wouldn't mind seeing Jimmer here(Dallas) just to see it, though. The problem is that Mark Cuban is not going to pay that kind of money for a what boils down to a largely unproven role player.

MikeWaters 12-27-2012 03:59 AM

There's no reason to believe that Jimmer's next contract will be huge. He's a bench player on one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Archaea 12-30-2012 07:29 AM

How long are the initial NBA contracts?

What are the odds Jimmer stays in the league instead of starring in Europe somewhere?

MikeWaters 12-30-2012 09:18 AM

Jimmer's option year was picked up by the Kings, which was 13-14.

Archaea 12-30-2012 03:05 PM

At the very least, he has a three year cup of coffee in the NBA. He's not making superstar money but his income is still acceptable, maybe even for a professional. Assuming he is frugal, he should be stable no matter what.