cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So what is Obama doing to resolve the current financial crisis? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23002)

Indy Coug 09-29-2008 07:04 PM

So what is Obama doing to resolve the current financial crisis?

What are we seeing here that would give us a sneak peek into his ability to lead in crisis?

exUte 09-29-2008 07:06 PM

My guess is that BOTH

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 271619)
What are we seeing here that would give us a sneak peek into his ability to lead in crisis?

OHbama and McCain wishes the other candidate would win the election. The winner, will actually be the loser in the long run.

Indy Coug 09-29-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 271621)

So what has Obama done? Shown up and cast a vote? That was really useful.

UtahDan 09-29-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

What they will both do is be in town so that they can each claim that they are intensely interested and involved and then neither of them will vote until they are certain they know how it is going to turn out. Even if the cost were the great depression starting again tomorrow, I don't think either candidate would stake their candidacy on this issue. Better to be called indecisive than to back the wrong horse when the stakes are this high. You get it right, you get a marginal bump. You get it wrong, your candidacy could be over.

IOW, they are cowards both.

Archaea 09-29-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 271632)
This is exactly right.

Your first honest sentence about Obama. Maybe there is hope.

UteStar 09-29-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 271627)
So what has Obama done? Shown up and cast a vote? That was really useful.

I guess it goes without saying--what has McCain done? Seriously...neither wants to do much because they think it will hurt them so they both talk and nothing gets done.

myboynoah 09-29-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Coug (Post 271632)
This is exactly right.

But Obama is the greater coward. The Dems control the process. Why isn't Obama leading his team to see us through these troubled times?

Maybe a fireside chat might work. He could wear a cardigan.

Tex 09-29-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 271644)
I guess it goes without saying--what has McCain done? Seriously...neither wants to do much because they think it will hurt them so they both talk and nothing gets done.

For all his flaws, at least McCain got in there and tried to broker a deal. He's a damn poor messenger for conservative Republicans, though, and it's apparent he failed.

Obama meanwhile is directing all calls to his voicemail.

You tell me which you'd prefer.

Ma'ake 09-29-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 271655)
The Dems control the process.

Evidently this is not true, otherwise we'd have passage.

exUte 09-29-2008 07:47 PM

Actually McCain got more republicans

Quote:

on board than were prior to him coming on the scene. Not enough to get it passed, but the Dems have a majority. And they had 94, yes 94 Dem's vote against it. 13 more Dems and it would have been passed. Pelosi nor Ohbama can deliver a mere 13 more votes in the THEIR OWN party?