cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Have you killed someone else's pet dog or cat? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20645)

MikeWaters 07-03-2008 04:13 PM

Have you killed someone else's pet dog or cat?

poll.

This is apparently normal behavior, according to Runnercoug, if a cat or dog annoys off of its property.

Also, there is no personal threat of attack to you or your loved ones. So killing a pit bull who is attacking your kid does not count.

TripletDaddy 07-03-2008 04:34 PM

I will shoot any pet that comes onto my property.

Those that do not are not performing their civic duty.

jay santos 07-03-2008 04:40 PM

I would've voted yes had I known it was a public poll.

SoCalCoug 07-03-2008 04:51 PM

This reminds me of my favorite Fred Whittingham story (Fred Sr.).

The Whittinghams lived across the street from us when I was 4 or 5. One day, my dad was out in the yard, and Fred came out of his house with a .22 rifle, looking around. He asked my dad if he'd seen our neighbor's cat (apparently, it was bothering him in some manner). My dad said he hadn't, and Fred went on his way.

Some time later (whether a few days or weeks), my dad was outside again, when our neighbor screamed. My dad and Fred (who had also been outside) came over to see the neighbor's cat lying dead in her ivy. My dad says (not out loud) it had obviously been shot. All Fred said was, "Hmm. Looks like a car hit it."

SeattleUte 07-03-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 237687)
poll.

This is apparently normal behavior, according to Runnercoug, if a cat or dog annoys off of its property.

Also, there is no personal threat of attack to you or your loved ones. So killing a pit bull who is attacking your kid does not count.

What about by accident? I ran over a dog once, and a rooster on my mission. Both complete accidents.

landpoke 07-03-2008 05:05 PM

I hit someone's dog with my bike when I was about 14. The dog then proceeded to run into the road and get smacked by a car.

creekster 07-03-2008 05:22 PM

I haven't but one of my firends did. My firend's neighbor would let his doberman pinschers out at night to roam around for a little while. The dogs kept coming into my firend's yard and knocking over my friend's garbage cans and making a huge mess as they pawed through garbage. My firend complained to my neighbor to no avail. Eventually he had had enough and so he took a bunch of D-Con (rat poison) and mixed it with raw hamburger into large meatballs and left these on top of his garbage at night. The dogs got into the garbage, ate the meat and later both died at home. The neighbor suspected buy did not prove.

jay santos 07-03-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 237742)
I haven't but one of my firends did. My firend's neighbor would let his doberman pinschers out at night to roam around for a little while. The dogs kept coming into my firend's yard and knocking over my friend's garbage cans and making a huge mess as they pawed through garbage. My firend complained to my neighbor to no avail. Eventually he had had enough and so he took a bunch of D-Con (rat poison) and mixed it with raw hamburger into large meatballs and left these on top of his garbage at night. The dogs got into the garbage, ate the meat and later both died at home. The neighbor suspected buy did not prove.

Good idea. Could you be arrested for this if proven?

TripletDaddy 07-03-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 237742)

Those amazing dobermans.

creekster 07-03-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 237745)
Good idea. Could you be arrested for this if proven?

Not sure, but I think he probabyl could be with the toughened animal cruelty statutes that now exist.