cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cycling (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Viking and Arch (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22001)

Coach McGuirk 08-30-2008 02:07 PM

Viking and Arch

One week to your death ride. Are you guys just taking it easy this week or do you plan on riding? Arch, do you plan on acclimatizing?

RC Vikings 08-30-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk (Post 259502)
One week to your death ride. Are you guys just taking it easy this week or do you plan on riding? Arch, do you plan on acclimatizing?

My miles were very limited this past week or two so I've got to balance out trying to get my legs under me again without over doing it. Today I plan on 50 to 60 pretty fast miles. Monday only going out for an hour. Tuesday about 40 easy ones in a group ride. Wednesday rest and Thursday another 35 in a easy group ride. Friday sign in and Saturday I plan on Arch dragging my butt 206 miles.

Archaea 08-30-2008 08:31 PM

I have no idea what is proper.

Friday I did 50 hard and fast for me, which is relative of course.

Saturday, today, I did 85 easy.

Tomorrow, probably fifty moderate.

Monday moderate thirty.

Tuesday's a run day.

Wednesday a swim day.

Thursday moderate run.

Friday spin legs for an hour.

Saturday follow the locomotive, Steve for all day.

This race concerns me due to distance. But that's the challenge. I realize I don't have enough miles to race it seriously but it still be fun.

bluegoose 08-30-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 259543)
I have no idea what is proper.

Friday I did 50 hard and fast for me, which is relative of course.

Saturday, today, I did 85 easy.

Tomorrow, probably fifty moderate.

Monday moderate thirty.

Tuesday's a run day.

Wednesday a swim day.

Thursday moderate run.

Friday spin legs for an hour.

Saturday follow the locomotive, Steve for all day.

This race concerns me due to distance. But that's the challenge. I realize I don't have enough miles to race it seriously but it still be fun.

That seems like an awfully hard week leading up to LOTOJA. I hope your legs aren't too fried.

Archaea 08-30-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluegoose (Post 259544)
That seems like an awfully hard week leading up to LOTOJA. I hope your legs aren't too fried.

They felt great today and I felt like I could have done a lot more. I was reading some ultra distance taper workouts and they don't recommend just going soft, but I dunno. Suggestions?

Viking is such a fabulous cyclist, I hope I don't drag him down so much. Long, lanky and elegant in riding style. I'm much more the ugly duckling masher.

bluegoose 08-31-2008 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 259545)
They felt great today and I felt like I could have done a lot more. I was reading some ultra distance taper workouts and they don't recommend just going soft, but I dunno. Suggestions?

Viking is such a fabulous cyclist, I hope I don't drag him down so much. Long, lanky and elegant in riding style. I'm much more the ugly duckling masher.

The riding taper sounds good. I would be a little hesitant to run this week, if I were doing it. But thats just me. I ran 10 miles yesterday and then rode 42 miles this am. My legs were pretty tired after about 25 miles.

creekster 09-05-2008 01:02 AM

Last minute thoughts? Words of wisdom? Pre-race and post finsih photos would be nice. Can you do those?

Good luck to all and hope it goes well. ALso looking forward to post ride reports. Can one of you take a crackberry and give some during the ride reports?

Archaea 09-05-2008 10:21 PM

In Logan, checked in, last pre-race ride, and Viking is checking in as we speak.

Viking reserved the room for a "smoker". Funny guy. He looks to be in awesome shape.

One tandem of husband and wife, extremely fit, told me they did it in under eleven hours. I may be ashamed of myself tomorrow.

BarbaraGordon 09-05-2008 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 262211)
One tandem of husband and wife, extremely fit, told me they did it in under eleven hours.

Eleven hours!! It don't take Flash and me anywhere near that long!

FarrahWaters 09-05-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 262213)
Eleven hours!! It don't take Flash and me anywhere near that long!

I bet they didn't break the bed either!

Good luck at the ride tomorrow guys.