cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My ward's RS President has just messed up (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23865)

Sleeping in EQ 10-21-2008 01:47 PM

My ward's RS President has just messed up

big time.

She sent an e-mail to the ward trying to mobilize for something Palin is doing. Libertarians, Democrats, and some Republicans in the ward are now firing "Replies to all" that are pretty angry.

SIRS is forwarding me this stuff, so I'll provide an update if necessary.

YOhio 10-21-2008 01:51 PM

Same thing happened in our ward, but the sender was an Obama supporter. It was funny reading them because they all began with, "Girl, you know I love you, but I just have to say I disagree."

Jeff Lebowski 10-21-2008 02:19 PM

Ouch.

It's amazing that people can be that clueless.

Levin 10-21-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 282268)
Ouch.

It's amazing that people can be that clueless.

To not realize that it was a mistake, and that the responders shouldn't hit "reply all" angrily denouncing the RS's political views? Yeah, I agree, that's pretty clueless. I'm sure nobody has ever accidentally sent an email to a group for which it was not intended. Mistakes happen. I'm sure she's sent an email apologizing . . . No need to crucify her . . . unless you want to be self-righteous about your own superior political beliefs (and emailing skills).

Tex 10-21-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 282269)
To not realize that it was a mistake, and that the responders shouldn't hit "reply all" angrily denouncing the RS's political views? Yeah, I agree, that's pretty clueless. I'm sure nobody has ever accidentally sent an email to a group for which it was not intended. Mistakes happen. I'm sure she's sent an email apologizing . . . No need to crucify her . . . unless you want to be self-righteous about your own superior political beliefs (and emailing skills).

I agree. People need to calm down.

Jeff Lebowski 10-21-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Oh please... It sounded as if the RS Pres assumed that everyone in the ward was pro-Palin. I don't see anything in his post about accidental forwarding.

Levin 10-21-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 282284)
Oh please... It sounded as if the RS Pres assumed that everyone in the ward was pro-Palin. I don't see anything in his post about accidental forwarding.

Good point . . . I just assumed it was forwarded accidentally. But if it wasn't, then clueless is definitely the word!

Sleeping in EQ 10-21-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

No apology yet. And I don't think it was a mistake. She addressed it to members of my ward.

Levin 10-21-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ (Post 282302)
No apology yet. And I don't think it was a mistake. She addressed it to members of my ward.

Wow. Clueless is right, Lebowski!

RockyBalboa 10-21-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ (Post 282302)

So if she apologizes will other people in the ward quit over-reacting and apologize in return?

The pride cycle isn't just a BYU football problem... ;)