cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Outdoor / Scouting / Survival (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Now that I'm here, need some camping recommendation (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20386)

FMCoug 06-23-2008 04:33 PM

Now that I'm here, need some camping recommendation

Yes I know many of you don't consider RVing "camping". Be that as it may, where would be some good places to go in the mountains? The campgrounds up AF canyon don't look to be RV friendly. And I have checked out a couple of state parks (East Canyon and Rockport) and have been underwhelmed. Though we may be spoiled, Texas State Parks have a reputations as some of the best in the nation.

Where would be some good places to go for a weekend relatively close to SLC, in the mountains (forested).

EDIT: RV is 12' tall and 38' long.

MikeWaters 06-23-2008 04:35 PM

did u sell your boat yet?

FMCoug 06-23-2008 04:48 PM

I did. to a guy in my ward.

MikeWaters 06-23-2008 04:50 PM

did ur house sell yet?

FMCoug 06-23-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 233899)
did ur house sell yet?

No but we had someone come back for a 2nd showing yesterday so here's hoping for an offer.

il Padrino Ute 06-24-2008 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 233885)
Yes I know many of you don't consider RVing "camping". Be that as it may, where would be some good places to go in the mountains? The campgrounds up AF canyon don't look to be RV friendly. And I have checked out a couple of state parks (East Canyon and Rockport) and have been underwhelmed. Though we may be spoiled, Texas State Parks have a reputations as some of the best in the nation.

Where would be some good places to go for a weekend relatively close to SLC, in the mountains (forested).

EDIT: RV is 12' tall and 38' long.

RV friendly? I'll ask around and get back to you about that.

FMCoug 06-24-2008 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMCoug (Post 233903)
No but we had someone come back for a 2nd showing yesterday so here's hoping for an offer.

Looking promising ... they called our agent and want to know utility costs and get the rest of the disclosures, etc.

Venkman 06-24-2008 03:22 AM

Good luck, FM. A 38 foot RV is just too big for most of the canyon/mountain campgrounds. Most spots have back-in parking 20-30 feet long. One possibility is Anderson Cove campground on Pineview reservoir. Not really in the mountains, but there's some pretty good pine tree cover. Great fishing too, if you have a boat. My brother in law caught a state record tiger muskie there. 31 lbs.

MikeWaters 06-24-2008 03:24 AM

Utah is so awesome compared to TX, it should be sufficient to camp in your trailer in your driveway.

il Padrino Ute 06-24-2008 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 234088)
Utah is so awesome compared to TX, it should be sufficient to camp in your trailer in your driveway.

Finally, you get it.