cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Its official the Oklahoma City Thunder........ (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21060)

cougjunkie 07-20-2008 05:04 AM

Its official the Oklahoma City Thunder........

Didnt someone call it?

TripletDaddy 07-20-2008 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 244574)
Didnt someone call it?

That's lame.

now forget this crap and lets start planning for SC/Ohio State.

are you in or not?

tickets go on sale tomorrow and I am going to try to grab 4. If they are really crappy, not sure. Would rather just buy at the stadium.

I had heard a rumor that the ones on sale tomorrow are the leftovers above the peristyle.

TripletDaddy 07-26-2008 04:21 AM

It is actually not official yet.

Please please please PLEASE be the Oklahoma Wind. Or the Oklahoma Energy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8...-six-nicknames

cougjunkie 07-26-2008 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 247048)
It is actually not official yet.

Please please please PLEASE be the Oklahoma Wind. Or the Oklahoma Energy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8...-six-nicknames

Thats funny they registered 7 names. Including the Oklahoma City Supersonics. Go buy some domains right now. You may get lucky.

BarbaraGordon 07-26-2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 244575)
That's lame.

now forget this crap and lets start planning for SC/Ohio State.

You know, my husband is actually in Columbus for business that weekend. So I was thinking (not realizing which game it was that week) that I'd head up with him and take in a tOSU game and razz some Buckeyes while dolled up in SEC gear from head to toe. But then I looked it up and realized it's the USC game and tickets are going to be outrageous and frankly there's no way in hell I'd pay a couple hundred bucks just to poke fun at some lameass buckeyes while they suit up against the only college players more compensated than my own.

On the other hand, I bet Kirk will be there!

TripletDaddy 07-26-2008 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 247091)
You know, my husband is actually in Columbus for business that weekend. So I was thinking (not realizing which game it was that week) that I'd head up with him and take in a tOSU game and razz some Buckeyes while dolled up in SEC gear from head to toe. But then I looked it up and realized it's the USC game and tickets are going to be outrageous and frankly there's no way in hell I'd pay a couple hundred bucks just to poke fun at some lameass buckeyes while they suit up against the only college players more compensated than my own.

When you finally calm down with all the crazysexycool potty mouth, you will find that this year's game is in LA, not Ohio.

So you can still go with your husband and dress in SEC gear and razz Buckeyes. Just go to a sports bar instead of The Shoe.

Fight on!

pelagius 07-26-2008 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 247091)

Be nice ... its not like we burned your coach

BarbaraGordon 07-26-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 247111)
When you finally calm down with all the crazysexycool potty mouth, you will find that this year's game is in LA, not Ohio.

I so am crazysexycool, and don't you forget it.

You may have a point about the geographic location of the game, though. But as I'm never wrong I suspect you're mistaken. In the unlikely even that I am wrong, I suppose I can just meet up with pelagius and YOhio.

Quote:

Be nice ... its not like we burned your coach.
Pelagius: Apologies. I know you're at OSU, but I never really considered you a Buckeye. In online college FB forums I'm never treated worse than I am by Buckeye fans. It's like a point of pride with the ones of them online to be <insert crazysexycool pottytalk adjectives and nouns here> to the rest of us. After several years of recurring abuse at the hands of the fans, one develops an irrational dislike for the team.

pelagius 07-26-2008 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 247141)
Pelagius: Apologies. I know you're at OSU, but I never really considered you a Buckeye. In online college FB forums I'm never treated worse than I am by Buckeye fans. It's like a point of pride with the ones of them online to be <insert crazysexycool pottytalk adjectives and nouns here> to the rest of us. After several years of recurring abuse at the hands of the fans, one develops an irrational dislike for the team.

You're right am I not really a buckeye. I have gone to one game in five seasons. That's about right for me when it comes to the buckeyes. I will probably go to one game this year (I got some tickets to the Minnesota game the other day). Give one of the kids a chance to see their first buckeye game. Buckeyes certainly can be insufferable but the atmosphere in the stadium is pretty cool (ok the hang on sloopy thing is lame but despite how much I would like to make fun of it the dotting of the I is actually really cool).

Quote:

In the unlikely even that I am wrong, I suppose I can just meet up with pelagius and YOhio.
I think you are going be stuck with just YOhio and me.

Venkman 07-26-2008 10:18 PM

The Wind? LOL. That's actually worse than the Minnesota Wild. But I guess it's specific to the city, unlike the Lakers or Jazz who didn't bother changing names.