cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   2016 Olympics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26435)

MikeWaters 10-03-2009 02:50 AM

2016 Olympics

Kind of sad that the Olympics went to a violence-ridden city, with corrupt officials, rampant gangs and organized crime, tremendous poverty, and slums. Who the hell would want to compete there?

Oh wait, Farrah is telling me the Olympics didn't go to Chicago. Sorry, never mind.

RedHeadGal 10-09-2009 01:15 AM

Chicago is a great city, and it's always nice for Americans to dominate the world in whatever way they can. You're just gloating because the IOC stuck it to Obama.

MikeWaters 10-09-2009 02:01 AM

Why should I have any love for Chicago, a city that says the 2nd Amendment does not apply? That has a corrupt political machine. Rampant crime.

I'm sad for the "citizens" that are essentially victims and slaves to their slaveholders.

Do I make myself clear?

Archaea 10-09-2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 307407)
Why should I have any love for Chicago, a city that says the 2nd Amendment does not apply? That has a corrupt political machine. Rampant crime.

I'm sad for the "citizens" that are essentially victims and slaves to their slaveholders.

Do I make myself clear?

I don't see Chicago Olympics worthy but Rio didn't deserve it given its human rights abuses and complete disregard of international law and convention. Brazil may rot in hell for all I care.

MikeWaters 10-09-2009 03:40 AM

well wasn't that the point of my original post? Rio and Chicago. Places of ugly desperation.

RedHeadGal 10-09-2009 02:11 PM

I did read somewhere how the IOC was hesitatant about the US based on the last two experiences here: corruption and scandal in SLC Olympics, and the bombing in Atlanta.

You can't make me hate Chicago. Do I make myself clear?

And now, anyway, the Nobel people stick it to the IOC. Lol. Good times.

MikeWaters 10-09-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHeadGal (Post 307414)

And now, anyway, the Nobel people stick it to the IOC. Lol. Good times.

Another example of liberal logic. As in "logic."

Archaea 10-09-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 307411)
well wasn't that the point of my original post? Rio and Chicago. Places of ugly desperation.

I always agreed.

What American city would ever deserve the Olympics?

San Diego? And cough, cough, Los Angeles? San Francisco? Seattle?

Perhaps something in Carolina?

Atlanta was the worst Olympics of recent memory. Chicago, not necessarily a horrid town to visit now and then, would be a terrible town to host the Olympics.

MikeWaters 10-09-2009 07:28 PM

I think Lubbock should get the Olympics.

Archaea 10-09-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 307438)
I think Lubbock should get the Olympics.

Nome is my first choice though.