cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Food (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Named sandwiches (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8733)

YOhio 05-31-2007 01:19 PM

Named sandwiches

I love a good sandwich. There are certain sandwiches that are so good that they have been named and their ingredients are consistent. I'm thinking of sandwiches like the Italian, Reuben, Philly Cheesesteak, Club, Mufalleta and others. I have been on a Reuben kick lately, as there are a couple of local places that know how to make them well.

Anybody have any favorites?

BarbaraGordon 05-31-2007 01:29 PM

My absolute favorite sandwich is fried peanut butter and honey.

But I love clubs.

YOhio 05-31-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 85864)

How do you make that?

jay santos 05-31-2007 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 85863)
I love a good sandwich. There are certain sandwiches that are so good that they have been named and their ingredients are consistent. I'm thinking of sandwiches like the Italian, Reuben, Philly Cheesesteak, Club, Mufalleta and others. I have been on a Reuben kick lately, as there are a couple of local places that know how to make them well.

Anybody have any favorites?

Where is local for you? I got hooked on Reuben when I visited NYC, but I haven't found a decent place here in Utah. I have to make it myself.

YOhio 05-31-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 85867)
Where is local for you? I got hooked on Reuben when I visited NYC, but I haven't found a decent place here in Utah. I have to make it myself.

I live in the Dayton, OH area.

I've had a Reuben from Gandolfo's, but they don't use Rye bread and they put horseradish on it. It's about a C-. You may want to try Jason's Deli by the University Mall in Orem. I've heard good things about it.

marsupial 05-31-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 85864)

But I love clubs.

No banana? Elvis just rolled over in his grave. (Assuming he is, in fact, dead, of course. ;) )

BarbaraGordon 05-31-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 85872)
No banana? Elvis just rolled over in his grave. (Assuming he is, in fact, dead, of course. ;) )

Yeah, I know. I love peanut butter and banana, but only cold. The bananas turn kind of brown and get in the way when I fry, so I stick to PBH. But either way, I gotta give props to Elvis. He clearly had better taste in sandwiches than in his pantsuits.

All-American 05-31-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 85866)
How do you make that?

Anybody know what that movie "Snakes on a Plane" is about?

BarbaraGordon 05-31-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 85866)
How do you make that?

you take ungodly amounts of pb and honey, smash as much as will fit between two slices of bread, butter the outside of the sandwich, and grill.

If you're careful you can keep it under 5000 calories. yum!!

ute4ever 05-31-2007 04:10 PM

Those in Salt Lake can go to Joni's Deli and get the Dagwood. Based on the Blondie comic strips, it has, well, everything.