cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Rocky not afraid (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16819)

jay santos 02-14-2008 02:12 PM

Rocky not afraid

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3482297

Rocky not afraid to expose Prof-bball and call him on his bullshit?

Rocky, prof-bball's cool, leave him alone. He admits he's a Jimmer homer and he gets passionate but he's been respectful for the most part to players and coaches.

Indy Coug 02-14-2008 02:19 PM

When you've had a week off, are playing a game on the road, your starters are being that effective and your bench comes in and immediately starts pissing away a large lead, you stick with your starters and let your bench live to fight another day.

Prof-bball's whining about Rose not showing faith in Jimmer and messing with his head last night was beyond stupid. Jimmer will be getting 25 to 35 minutes a game every game starting next year. His time will come. I see no reason to be griping about it now, especially in light of the fact we just won a road game by 14 points.

I have ZERO problem with Rose relying on his starters for a road game.

BYU71 02-14-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 185076)
http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3482297

Rocky not afraid to expose Prof-bball and call him on his bullshit?

Rocky, prof-bball's cool, leave him alone. He admits he's a Jimmer homer and he gets passionate but he's been respectful for the most part to players and coaches.

I have enjoyed prof-bball's posts on BB and Jimmer. Rocky likes exposing people I guess. He gets a thrill out of exposing me and my threats to not buy tickets to games.

Indy Coug 02-14-2008 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 185082)
Rocky likes exposing people I guess.

I wonder if he likes exposing himself.

BYU71 02-14-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 185083)

I hope not. I will be sitting by him at the game Saturday.

Archaea 02-14-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy Coug (Post 185083)

You beat me to it. The only person being exposed is Rocky. Perhaps Rocky may have validity to his claims, who knows, he shouts it so shrilly, nobody else cares.

Prof Ball is a good poster and I hope he doesn't fight with Prof Ball. Jimmer is what he is and we shouldn't denigrate any of our players so stridently. Tease Trent for shooting FTs like Shaq, or Tav for fifteen consecutive air balls, but jeez they are our players.

MikeWaters 02-14-2008 02:43 PM

It is classless to rip on the players, unless it is Tavernari.

RockyBalboa 02-14-2008 03:17 PM

I think it's stupid to go on an internet message board where people already know who you are and to spout off and whine like a baby about your brother in law not getting enough playing time and then spouting off about the coaches lying, threatening that Jimmer is going to transfer and ratcheting up the hyperbole. It's embarrassing to Jimmer and his family and makes him look colossaly stupid.

Yeah and I know most of you are gonna say it's stupid for me to even say anything to him and that's fine, and that's your opinion.

MikeWaters 02-14-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 185112)
I think it's stupid to go on an internet message board where people already know who you are and to spout off and whine like a baby about your brother in law not getting enough playing time and then spouting off about the coaches lying, threatening that Jimmer is going to transfer and ratcheting up the hyperbole. It's embarrassing to Jimmer and his family and makes him look colossaly stupid.

Yeah and I know most of you are gonna say it's stupid for me to even say anything to him and that's fine, and that's your opinion.

cougjunkie 02-14-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 185112)

Where did he say Jimmer was going to transfer?

I just read where he said Rose didnt know how to treat young players (I completely disagree, but thats his opinion) and that he will shake Jimmers confidence with this game (maybe Jimmer is not very mentally tough). Regardless I agree with Indy, we just won by 14 on the road, who cares who played and who didnt play, Jimmers time will come.