cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lakers look good (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24094)

Surfah 10-29-2008 01:40 PM

Lakers look good

They dismantled a hyped Trailblazers team. Odom off the bench will work just fine. Should be a good year.

DrumNFeather 10-29-2008 01:59 PM

I liked Odom's pass to Vuckacic (sp?) in the first few minutes of the game.

RockyBalboa 10-29-2008 02:03 PM

I hate the Lakers probably more than any pro sports franchise out there.

I'm also a realist.

I think they'll win the whole thing this year.

Jeff Lebowski 10-29-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 285908)

I'm also a realist.

That's what you said last year. Have a little faith, man.

TripletDaddy 10-29-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 285904)
I liked Odom's pass to Vuckacic (sp?) in the first few minutes of the game.

No joke. the lakers need to tighten a few things....also, Sasha's open 3 that hit the backboard. yikes.

Surfah 10-29-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 285908)

I'm also a realist.

I think the Jazz will be tough though and I think that with the addition of James Posey the Hornets will be really good, give them a bit of toughness that they lacked.

Surfah 10-29-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 285922)
No joke. the lakers need to tighten a few things....also, Sasha's open 3 that hit the backboard. yikes.

True, but it's the first game of the year. Some careless turnovers for sure. But I liked the tempo and that they pushed up the floor often. More than anything I liked the defense. The Lakers were all over the court and Bynum back in the middle helps a ton. Though he is still playing a bit tentatively it seems. He needs that moment where his knee is tested and he realizes he is okay and that it won't give him any problems.

TripletDaddy 10-29-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 285928)
I think the Jazz will be tough though and I think that with the addition of James Posey the Hornets will be really good, give them a bit of toughness that they lacked.

The Lakers improved by adding Bynum.

The Hornets improved by adding Posey.

The Rockets improved added Artest. Maybe Yao stays healthy, which will help them in the post-season, as well.

The Jazz basically did nothing to improve. Not sure they will even make it past the first round, quite honestly. They have to hope that the Spurs get old really quickly.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Jazz traded AK at the Feb deadline.

Surfah 10-29-2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 285953)
The Lakers improved by adding Bynum.

The Hornets improved by adding Posey.

The Rockets improved added Artest. Maybe Yao stays healthy, which will help them in the post-season, as well.

The Jazz basically did nothing to improve. Not sure they will even make it past the first round, quite honestly. They have to hope that the Spurs get old really quickly.

Which I think the Spurs do. But they're still very good. I also don't think Yao or TMac stay healthy enough to be a contender. And I don't know how much more the Lakers or Hornets can improve their records even with their additions, leaving a solid Utah team with the same core to finish middle of the pack again. GS is no longer a playoff team. Dallas is a 7th or 8th seed. The Jazz will be in the middle with the Suns and Spurs, 3rd, 4th, or 5th. The Rockets can figure in there also if healthy. The Nuggets battle for the final spot with Dallas.

Hot Lunch 10-29-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 285953)

Are you really saying that Brevin Knight is not going to help the Jazz win this year? :confused:

The big players int he west did something to get better except for the Jazz. I hope it is Boozer instead of AK. Boozer is gone anyways.... At least try and get something for him.