cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   What should this site be? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Did someone chase Barbara off? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11019)

JohnnyLingo 08-20-2007 09:03 PM

Did someone chase Barbara off?

I've noticed the female members of the Guard have been quiet as of late.

Just wondering if some drama happened and I missed it.

MikeWaters 08-20-2007 09:05 PM

She's gone for reasons that she has kept private.

JohnnyLingo 08-20-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 114328)
She's gone for reasons that she has kept private.

Hey, I thought you had me ignored.

Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

BarbaraGordon 08-21-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 114324)
Did someone chase Barbara off? Just wondering if some drama happened and I missed it.

Pickles.

As a proud pickle prohibitionist, I was horrified to find pickle promoters on the board. If there's anything I can't take, it's having to open my chick-fil-A to remove the two soggy vegetable vestiges defiling my precious. The omnipresent pickle is an affront to the free society we pretend to cherish...Oppression in its truest form!

So I refuse to consort with pickle panderers! Refuse! And once I found out our fearless leader himself actually drinks pickle putrescence, well it was bye-bye Barbara.

-

Actually, Lingo, as I near the 3000-post mark, it simply occurred to me that my family might appreciate it if I put as much energy into the household as I was investing online.

I'm still planning on heading to my first BYU game, though...For one thing, I'm really curious as to what a sober football fan looks like. :)

MikeWaters 08-21-2007 02:07 PM

Babs, good to see you for a sec here.

But I have to take issue with your dislike of pickles.

When I go on a 100 mile bike ride, nothing tastes better than a salty pickle.

My last rally had pickle juice at every stop.

Archaea 08-21-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 114675)
Babs, good to see you for a sec here.

But I have to take issue with your dislike of pickles.

When I go on a 100 mile bike ride, nothing tastes better than a salty pickle.

My last rally had pickle juice at every stop.

Mike also drinks prune juice for certain physiological problems.

Jeff Lebowski 08-21-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 114673)
Pickles.

As a proud pickle prohibitionist, I was horrified to find pickle promoters on the board. If there's anything I can't take, it's having to open my chick-fil-A to remove the two soggy vegetable vestiges defiling my precious. The omnipresent pickle is an affront to the free society we pretend to cherish...Oppression in its truest form!

So I refuse to consort with pickle panderers! Refuse! And once I found out our fearless leader himself actually drinks pickle putrescence, well it was bye-bye Barbara.

-

Actually, Lingo, as I near the 3000-post mark, it simply occurred to me that my family might appreciate it if I put as much energy into the household as I was investing online.

I'm still planning on heading to my first BYU game, though...For one thing, I'm really curious as to what a sober football fan looks like. :)

Excellent.

Please humor us with a post from time to time.

Venkman 08-21-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Pickles.

-

Good to see you still around. I was out in OKC last week for a couple days. My impressions: flat, humid, thick accents, slow driving, and some of the friendliest people on God's green earth.

creekster 08-21-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Pickles.

-

I first woindered if you were speaking euphemistically, but htanks to the link I gather you literally mean pickles. I, too, hate pickles (it's even in my CG profile) and can understadnm why it would make you leave. Thanks for driving BG away, all you pickle lovers.