cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Kevin Durant (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6479)

Detroitdad 02-09-2007 07:42 AM

Kevin Durant

I have seen this kid play about 10 times this season and I think he is the best college player that I have ever seen. He can do absolutely everything, handle, shoot, post, shot off the dribble, rebound, create off the dribble, block shots. His defensive intensity is not that high, but his offensive game is so polished that he doesn't even have to rely on his athleticism, which is superb.

My prediction is that next year he goes for 20+. In 2 years everyone will have forgotten that this was supposed to be King James NBA because Durant will be better. Lebron is a great player, but I think that Durant is a better, more skilled player who is not fully physically developed like Lebron was when he was, like 12 or so.

jay santos 02-09-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitdad (Post 59579)
I have seen this kid play about 10 times this season and I think he is the best college player that I have ever seen. He can do absolutely everything, handle, shoot, post, shot off the dribble, rebound, create off the dribble, block shots. His defensive intensity is not that high, but his offensive game is so polished that he doesn't even have to rely on his athleticism, which is superb.

My prediction is that next year he goes for 20+. In 2 years everyone will have forgotten that this was supposed to be King James NBA because Durant will be better. Lebron is a great player, but I think that Durant is a better, more skilled player who is not fully physically developed like Lebron was when he was, like 12 or so.

Is he Devin's brother? He was a good player as a freshman pre-mission. Too bad that's the last time BYU's had anybody decent.

YOhio 02-09-2007 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 59588)
Is he Devin's brother? He was a good player as a freshman pre-mission. Too bad that's the last time BYU's had anybody decent.

I'm anxiously waiting for the next installment of "A Dad, A Boy and A Ball."

Detroitdad 02-09-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay santos (Post 59588)

They could be mistaken for twins. I know that George and his wife have got to be sick that their baby did not go to the Lord's University and instead went to the flagship university in the most iniquitous of states, Texas.

myboynoah 02-09-2007 04:45 PM

It's better that he didn't go on a mission. He'd have come home all pasty white.

il Padrino Ute 02-09-2007 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 59663)
It's better that he didn't go on a mission. He'd have come home all pasty white.

That was laugh out loud funny - the real kind of laugh out loud funny, not the internet acronym "LOL" kind.

Detroitdad 02-09-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 59675)
That was laugh out loud funny - the real kind of laugh out loud funny, not the internet acronym "LOL" kind.

Seconded.