cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Facebook (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21453)

SteelBlue 08-06-2008 12:38 AM

Facebook

I've long been one who thought facebook was for teenagers or at least people much younger than me. But, after some pestering from my brothers I decided to throw up a page and give it a try. The result is that I've made contact with several people that I haven't seen since high school. That's 20 years ago for those who are counting. As nerdy/creepy as it sounds for a 38 year old man to have a facebook page I'm glad I did it.

Commence mocking now.

il Padrino Ute 08-06-2008 12:45 AM

I'd love to mock, but there is not enough bandwidth on the entire world wide web to be able to do so.

SteelBlue 08-06-2008 12:49 AM

Hey, UtahDan has one and he's 45!

UtahDan 08-06-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 250490)
I've long been one who thought facebook was for teenagers or at least people much younger than me. But, after some pestering from my brothers I decided to throw up a page and give it a try. The result is that I've made contact with several people that I haven't seen since high school. That's 20 years ago for those who are counting. As nerdy/creepy as it sounds for a 38 year old man to have a facebook page I'm glad I did it.

Commence mocking now.

I have reconnect with many lost friends and acquaintances as well. Its fun.

UtahDan 08-06-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 250496)
Hey, UtahDan has one and he's 45!

Damn it........

ute4ever 08-06-2008 12:56 AM

When I joined in January, there were only 12 members of my high school graduating class on it. Now there's over 40. Since lifting its "college-only" restriction, Facebook has grown like a weed.

Surfah 08-06-2008 12:58 AM

I had one. Deleted it because all I ever used it for was to spy on Gidget and her ex-boyfriends.

marsupial 08-06-2008 01:15 AM

I too thought facebook was only for teenagers and pedophiles until my parents came to visit this past couple of weeks. My dad has a facebook page and he is 67. Most of his "friends" are old missionaries from the mission he and my mom went on a couple of years ago. But he has also connected with a few folks from his Class of 1959 and even a guy I was friends with in high school. I have been thinking about signing up.

TripletDaddy 08-06-2008 01:22 AM

It is an amazing networking tool, to be sure.

My only impediment is that I don't really care what people from my high school are doing these days. I have kept in touch with the ones that interest me.

I am probably solo in thinking that way.

SteelBlue 08-06-2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 250510)
I too thought facebook was only for teenagers and pedophiles until my parents came to visit this past couple of weeks. My dad has a facebook page and he is 67. Most of his "friends" are old missionaries from the mission he and my mom went on a couple of years ago. But he has also connected with a few folks from his Class of 1959 and even a guy I was friends with in high school. I have been thinking about signing up.

I found one of my old Young Men's leaders who was very influential in my life. He was excommunicated while I was on my mission and I had totally lost contact with him since. He's 61, remarried and back in the church teaching gospel doctrine. It was worth signing up just to learn that.