cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Wow, wow, and wow! (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23058)

myboynoah 09-30-2008 05:44 PM

Wow, wow, and wow!

The joy is infectious.

exUte 09-30-2008 05:48 PM

I'm glad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 272336)

The joy is infectious.

It's that generation that is going to be left holding the entitlement bag for a generation. I'm glad they are getting on board so quickly.

Ma'ake 09-30-2008 06:11 PM

LOL. You guys are slaying me. It's California. Is there anything in California that surprises you, anymore?

Pelosi, Reagan, Ahnold, Sonny Bono, Heaven's Gate, Manson, Prop 8, Zen Buddhists on the beach, more Mexicans than you could ever imagine, along with Asian street gangs, USC, Rick Neuheisal, and Cher.

You name it, it's in California.

(Besides that, you don't want to see anyone filming kids singing the Apricot song, do you? Keep the bizarro stuff in California, bro.)

Tex 09-30-2008 06:32 PM

I got $10 that says Cali Coug is the dude playing the piccolo.

YOhio 09-30-2008 07:09 PM

Did you hear that little neocon girl singing, "We're gonna spread freedom"? Obama = Bush 3

il Padrino Ute 09-30-2008 07:14 PM

I guess mental abuse of children is not against the law in California.

PaloAltoCougar 09-30-2008 07:22 PM

I'm probably voting for Obama (I think I've failed to vote GOP once in nine elections), but adults having kids sing songs like that scares me. Will they start referring to him as "Great Leader" once he's in office?

YOhio 09-30-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar (Post 272404)
I'm probably voting for Obama (I think I've failed to vote GOP once in nine elections), but adults having kids sing songs like that scares me. Will they start referring to him as "Great Leader" once he's in office?

Et tu PAC? You're voting against Prop 8 and for a Democrat. It's sad to see what your foray into Babylon has done to you. Weren't you once a bishop?

il Padrino Ute 09-30-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar (Post 272404)

Remember the BYU hat you gave me at the first CB golf gig at Thanksgiving Point? Well, I gave it to my dad because he would respect it, I mean he would appreciate it much more than I ever would want to.

Anyway, if he read this, he would burn the hat knowing that it came from a guy who would vote for a Democrat.

I won't ruin it for him. Your secret is safe.

PaloAltoCougar 09-30-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 272409)
Et tu PAC? You're voting against Prop 8 and for a Democrat. It's sad to see what your foray into Babylon has done to you. Weren't you once a bishop?

Someone said they were throwing my hat (not the one I gave ilPad) into the ring to be a mission president, so you may regard this political tomcatting on my part as a preemptive strike.

Slightly more seriously, I'm not committed to voting for Obama (and who among us will ever tire of exUte's clever misspelling "Ohbama"?), but I'm very unenthused about McCain/Palin. I voted for W in part because of the argument that despite his many flaws, he would surround himself with good advisers and they'd perform well. McCain has too many shortcomings and I can no longer buy into the "able assistants" argument. But Obama? The jury is still out.