cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home Improvement and Real Estate (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Land line, newspaper and doorbell.. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17882)

bYuPride 03-20-2008 06:31 PM

Land line, newspaper and doorbell..

We just got a land line for the house because the wife's cell doesn't work well in some areas of the house. I also ordered the newspaper to be delivered and installed a new doorbell.. I feel with those 3 components I have finally arrived. I'm an adult.

hyrum 03-20-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 200655)
We just got a land line for the house because the wife's cell doesn't work well in some areas of the house. I also ordered the newspaper to be delivered and installed a new doorbell.. I feel with those 3 components I have finally arrived. I'm an adult.

Just wait til the new phonebook comes out!

bYuPride 03-20-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrum (Post 200658)

lol..

Lost Student 03-20-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrum (Post 200658)

I'm in the same situation... My wife and I have only had cell phones since we've been married but my daughter was diagnosed with diabetes last month so we wanted to have a more dependable means of communication from home, and ordered a land line.

I can't wait for the phone book; first thing I do of course will be to look me up...

il Padrino Ute 03-20-2008 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 200655)

If your bell rings and you answer to door only to find a flaming paper sack filled with what the dog left on the lawn, it wasn't me.

realtall 03-20-2008 09:58 PM

When we moved into our house last fall we had a landline put in because dsl was the only broadband available where we were.

The telemarketers started calling immediately after the phone was switched on. Like the same day. Over and over.

We unplugged it and just use our cell phones now.

bYuPride 03-20-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 200771)
If your bell rings and you answer to door only to find a flaming paper sack filled with what the dog left on the lawn, it wasn't me.

we are also putting in cameras, booby traps, and a moat with alligators..

not sure if i spelled booby or moat right, but you know what i'm talkin' about! lol..

il Padrino Ute 03-20-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bYuPride (Post 200799)
we are also putting in cameras, booby traps, and a moat with alligators..

not sure if i spelled booby or moat right, but you know what i'm talkin' about! lol..

Excellent.

I...that is, I understand kids enjoy obstacle courses.

I understand they're known as hooter traps these days. Just thought you'd like to know.