cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basketball (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   UVU game (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29558)

MikeWaters 11-16-2015 02:27 AM

UVU game

Watched part of this game. It was pretty boring because of the lack of talent on the UVU squad, now coached by Mark Pope.

Kyle Davis was a dominant force in this game. It's going to be interesting to see how Davis fares against teams with more size and athleticism.

One of my impressions is that BYU has a lot of players that don't seem all that distinguishable from each other.

And if this team suffers, once again it's going to be due to lack of defense and athleticism on that end of the floor.

Emery's younger brother, need to watch him and see if he has the same defensive chops as his brother.

I was a little disappointed with the running and gunning by the BYU team. Taking low percentage 25 foot shots. I get it, they have the green light. But I'd like to see some discipline, even against a team that isn't very good. Play against UVU like you would Gonzaga.

Archaea 11-16-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 320701)
Watched part of this game. It was pretty boring because of the lack of talent on the UVU squad, now coached by Mark Pope.

Kyle Davis was a dominant force in this game. It's going to be interesting to see how Davis fares against teams with more size and athleticism.

One of my impressions is that BYU has a lot of players that don't seem all that distinguishable from each other.

And if this team suffers, once again it's going to be due to lack of defense and athleticism on that end of the floor.

Emery's younger brother, need to watch him and see if he has the same defensive chops as his brother.

I was a little disappointed with the running and gunning by the BYU team. Taking low percentage 25 foot shots. I get it, they have the green light. But I'd like to see some discipline, even against a team that isn't very good. Play against UVU like you would Gonzaga.

It will be interesting to see how the defense performs against talent and athleticism.

BlueK 11-16-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 320704)
It will be interesting to see how the defense performs against talent and athleticism.

The defense played very well against a bad team, so it's hard to say for sure what that means. However, by comparison, Utah's defense played awful against a bad team (SUU), so that's interesting. After just one game I'd rather have our situation.

LBSU tonight has some talent and athleticism. They'll have a lot of transfers out there from teams like Maryland and USC. They might be a lot better than you miight expect from a Big West team.

Hopefully BYU will make some corrections around taking too many bad shots while still playing tough defensively. So far the defensive changes seem to be helping, but we'll see what they do against a more athletic team tonight.

As far as Utah goes, they'll have to play A LOT better to beat SDSU tonight. They probably will, but I still think the loss of Wright is going to hurt them.