cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Utefans/New Site (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18359)

Sun TzUte 04-08-2008 11:13 PM

Utefans/New Site

So I have been talking with a person who is involved in starting up a new site for the Utes. This is a former poster (that you would all know) who has been out of touch for some time due to thier percieved deterioration of utefans.net.

They envision a site that caters to those of a little higher intellect. It would be moderated to take away obcenities and things like that so that all can feel comfortable.

I really like webmonkey, but I could see a number of former Ute/Coug posters who would actually really enjoy something like this.

My friend (to remain anon.) has asked me to get some feedback on his behalf. What does everybody think? Is there room for a slightly different model?

cougjunkie 04-08-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun TzUte (Post 206322)
So I have been talking with a person who is involved in starting up a new site for the Utes. This is a former poster (that you would all know) who has been out of touch for some time due to thier percieved deterioration of utefans.net.

They envision a site that caters to those of a little higher intellect. It would be moderated to take away obcenities and things like that so that all can feel comfortable.

I really like webmonkey, but I could see a number of former Ute/Coug posters who would actually really enjoy something like this.

My friend (to remain anon.) has asked me to get some feedback on his behalf. What does everybody think? Is there room for a slightly different model?

If there is room for Cougarguard there is room for another Utefans. Cougarguard has been very successful thus far.

creekster 04-08-2008 11:20 PM

Just tell him to come over here, we're filthy with utes.

RockyBalboa 04-08-2008 11:20 PM

If it were to bring solid posters like ColoradoUte and Senioritis back then it's a big time positive.

Jeff Lebowski 04-08-2008 11:20 PM

Just send them here. There seems to be as many Ute fans here as Cougar fans. We even like attorneys.

hyrum 04-08-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun TzUte (Post 206322)

So does this person want more censoring of bad language or more intellect? They are not necessarily parallel. There is a need for the latter, but the implementation of the former might make for a mullah-ish site -- one man's "obscenity" is another man's "colorful language".

Goatnapper'96 04-08-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyrum (Post 206333)
So does this person want more censoring of bad language or more intellect? They are not necessarily parallel. There is a need for the latter, but the implementation of the former might make for a mullah-ish site -- one man's "obscenity" is another man's "colorful language".

You can lick my balls!

PaloAltoCougar 04-08-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 206337)
You can lick my balls!

Burns: Nonsense, dogs are idiots. Think about it, Smithers. If I came into your house and started sniffing at your crotch and slobbering all over your face, what would you say?

Smithers: Uh...if you did it, sir...?

OrangeUte 04-08-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 (Post 206337)
You can lick my balls!

exactly - i want to be comfortable dropping the occassional fuck, shit, ass, damn, etc...

SeattleUte 04-09-2008 12:06 AM

Will it have a religion section where all the apostate Utes can blow off a little steam?