cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finances (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   If I had more than 100k in a bank account (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22604)

MikeWaters 09-17-2008 06:50 PM

If I had more than 100k in a bank account

I think I would move to split that money between different insured banks at this point.

Levin 09-17-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 266597)
I think I would move to split that money between different insured banks at this point.

Why would you want that much cash just sitting in a bank account, even if split between two? At a minimum, that money should be in investment instruments.

landpoke 09-17-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levin (Post 266650)
Why would you want that much cash just sitting in a bank account, even if split between two? At a minimum, that money should be in investment instruments.

In case a loved one is kidnapped and you need quick access to the cash to pay the ransom. That's why I do it.

It's a shame you love money more than your family.

il Padrino Ute 09-17-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 266672)
In case a loved one is kidnapped and you need quick access to the cash to pay the ransom. That's why I do it.

Which of your accounts has more money in it:

Ransom account
Ammunition account for shootin' wolves

Archaea 09-17-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 266672)

His ballet account has more than that.

We just stuff our pillows full around here, that way we can pay to fill up our gas tanks.

landpoke 09-17-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 266679)
Which of your accounts has more money in it:

Ransom account
Ammunition account for shootin' wolves

I'd have to check.

Did you hear they're dropping their de-listing efforts for the time being? I was bummed at first but they I remembered the first time I shot an officially designated endangered species. The orgasmic thrill was so much more intense then your ordinary everyday garbage animal shooting. It'll be nice to be able to experience that for the next little while

il Padrino Ute 09-18-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 266683)
I'd have to check.

Did you hear they're dropping their de-listing efforts for the time being? I was bummed at first but they I remembered the first time I shot an officially designated endangered species. The orgasmic thrill was so much more intense then your ordinary everyday garbage animal shooting. It'll be nice to be able to experience that for the next little while

I've never experienced the thrill of shooting and endangered species. But when I was 14, I mistook a great horned owl for a pheasant when hunting with my dad.