cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Sweeney Todd (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1576)

outlier 03-10-2006 12:04 AM

Sweeney Todd

In my neverending (jk -- it'll end) quest to find worthwhile things in New York, I went to this musical last night. I'd never seen it before, but it turns out it's probably the only musical that's ever needed to be made. Brilliantly dark, angry, bloody, mean, sharp, and personal. If you ever get the opportunity...

o

SeattleUte 03-13-2006 08:40 PM

Re: Sweeney Todd

Quote:

Originally Posted by outlier
In my neverending (jk -- it'll end) quest to find worthwhile things in New York, I went to this musical last night. I'd never seen it before, but it turns out it's probably the only musical that's ever needed to be made. Brilliantly dark, angry, bloody, mean, sharp, and personal. If you ever get the opportunity...

o

I agree.

You sound like an opera fan.

outlier 03-13-2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte
You sound like an opera fan.

Not that I know of, but I haven't given it much of an opportunity. I saw a few way back in BYU days (Don Giovanni, a really crappy student production of Barber of Seville, the Magic Flute, Parsifal) -- but none of them stuck with me.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for on-stage slashings? It's a hard hypothesis to test. I'm gonna go again once I got another L-note saved up.

o

realtall 03-16-2006 12:24 AM

Quote:

I saw a few way back in BYU days (Don Giovanni, a really crappy student production of Barber of Seville, the Magic Flute, Parsifal) -- but none of them stuck with me.

I played in the pit orchestra for that production of the Magic Flute. It was '90 or '91, I believe. Good times.

SeattleUte 03-16-2006 04:19 AM

[quote="realtall"]
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte
I saw a few way back in BYU days (Don Giovanni, a really crappy student production of Barber of Seville, the Magic Flute, Parsifal) -- but none of them stuck with me.

o

I played in the pit orchestra for that production of the Magic Flute. It was '90 or '91, I believe. Good times.

SeattleUte didn't write the quote; Outlier did.

outlier 03-17-2006 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realtall

That would've been the performance all right -- somewhere in the 90/91 school year. I remember the [your instrument] section sounding especially good that night. :)

o

realtall 03-17-2006 05:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by realtall

That would've been the performance all right -- somewhere in the 90/91 school year. I remember the [your instrument] section sounding especially good that night. :)

o

For a hint see my avatar. :lol: