cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   hi (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15163)

YOhio 12-20-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-dog (Post 165758)
There is a lot of hating of all things hip on this board. Be careful.

That's why UteStar and myboynoah hold such animosity toward me.

TripletDaddy 12-20-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHeadGal (Post 165712)
I like food. Like to eat it, make it, read about it, think about it. . . I've been known to pay out hundreds on a single meal, but I can still appreciate the true goodness that is the Big Mac.

Hmm....interesting.......where have you enjoyed your finest meal--the hundreds meal? from one epicurean to another, I am always looking for the next fix....

myboynoah 12-20-2007 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 165778)
That's why UteStar and myboynoah hold such animosity toward me.

Three words:

Facts of Life

RC Vikings 12-20-2007 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsupial (Post 165739)
It's not my favorite place either. I go because I know I should, but it's never been something I look forward to. It's nice to hear someone else be so honest about it.

It may get better. In twenty years the ceremony will be shortened, g's will be no more and non-members and non temple worthy members will be allowed to attend weddings.

FarrahWaters 12-21-2007 04:04 AM

Welcome. We've never met, but I've heard a lot about you.

We do talk food here sometimes. If I recall, there are some other Top Chef fans on the board. And one of my first memories of this board is hearing Seattle Ute rave about tuna tartare :)

UtahDan 12-21-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters (Post 165942)

We do talk food here sometimes. If I recall, there are some other Top Chef fans on the board. And one of my first memories of this board is hearing Seattle Ute rave about tuna tartare :)

I'm a Top Chef fan, though lately I'm hooked on Kitchen Nightmares. The BBC version primarily. The US version is just okay.

RedHeadGal 12-21-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 165781)
Hmm....interesting.......where have you enjoyed your finest meal--the hundreds meal? from one epicurean to another, I am always looking for the next fix....

umm. . .should I be embarrassed to say there have been several? I live in the DC area, so favorite fine dining around here is Inn at Little Washington, which is wonderful, experiential place. But another favorite meal of all time was with friends at Charlie Trotter's in Chicago. I wouldn't say that food was my #1 favorite of all time (though wonderful), but the whole evening with the friends made it the exquisite memory that it is. Best piece of tuna in recent memory was on Maui, and I can't even remember the name of the restaurant. Lahaina, I think. It's almost lunchtime. My mouth is watering.

And I do talk about things other than food.

RedHeadGal 12-21-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarrahWaters (Post 165942)

Ah, we meet at last? We almost got to meet last summer but for some bike-a-thon or something. And you were nearly hear last summer, I heard. . . someday. I still dream of those TX real estate prices.

RedHeadGal 12-21-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 165714)
Did it disturb you then, that Chris drooled all over himself over Romney's religion speech? I suppose even Chris has his moments, he did vote for Bush the first time around.

Oh, by the way, welcome.

Well, although I dearly love Chris, I do not always agree with him. Chris's vote for W in 2000 was harmless, as he lives in deeply blue Maryland. So I almost forgive him that, too. But he was actually the only person I can think of asking hard questions about going into Iraq back in 2002-2003. And the fact that he liked Romney's speech shows he's fair, I think, since he generally is quite hard on the Mittster, I think.

TripletDaddy 12-21-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHeadGal (Post 166066)
umm. . .should I be embarrassed to say there have been several? I live in the DC area, so favorite fine dining around here is Inn at Little Washington, which is wonderful, experiential place. But another favorite meal of all time was with friends at Charlie Trotter's in Chicago. I wouldn't say that food was my #1 favorite of all time (though wonderful), but the whole evening with the friends made it the exquisite memory that it is. Best piece of tuna in recent memory was on Maui, and I can't even remember the name of the restaurant. Lahaina, I think. It's almost lunchtime. My mouth is watering.

And I do talk about things other than food.

Charlie Trotter's....that would do it. The pre fixe taster there costs about $130-150.

Interesting choices.