cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Jefe's ignore score tactic must have failed (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13107)

SeattleUte 10-22-2007 10:19 PM

Jefe's ignore score tactic must have failed

Most people (folks who hadn't ignored us, the ones who did being a tiny minority overall) wanted to read stuff from guys like Waters and me, so they opted out. I consider the fact that Jefe had to break down and just ban us to be a moral victory. Waters and I are like martyrs.

TripletDaddy 10-22-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 139830)
Most people (folks who hadn't ignored us, a tiny minority overall) wanted to read stuff from guys like Waters and me, so they opted out. I consider the fact that Jefe had to break down and just ban us to be a moral victory. Waters and I are like martyrs.

mar·tyr (mär'tər)
n. One who makes a great show of suffering in order to arouse sympathy.
tr.v., -tyred, -tyr·ing, -tyrs.
[Middle English, from Old English, from Late Latin, from Late Greek martur, from Greek martus, martur-, witness.]

MikeWaters 10-23-2007 01:14 AM

I'm not banned. I'm on hunger strike.

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 12:23 AM

I was banned for 36,000 days

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 139830)
Most people (folks who hadn't ignored us, the ones who did being a tiny minority overall) wanted to read stuff from guys like Waters and me, so they opted out. I consider the fact that Jefe had to break down and just ban us to be a moral victory. Waters and I are like martyrs.

He must be in jihad mode.

JohnnyLingo 10-24-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140686)
He must be in jihad mode.

So what's the story?

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 140694)
So what's the story?

The story is the guy obviously has a large stick up his ass. I was first banned for 3 days because I called Sister Beck's talk "misguided." Then when I appealed the ban, he gave me the 36K punishment because he's sick of my attitude. Uhhh....ok.

It's his site, and he can do whatever the hell he wants, but he could at least quit being such a pussy about it. At least be transparent about his intentions, and "rules." The rules page should just simply state the truth, which is he and his fellow ass kissers will ban/suspend anyone, at anytime, for any reason they deem appropriate.

TripletDaddy 10-24-2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140699)
The story is the guy obviously has a large stick up his ass. I was first banned for 3 days because I called Sister Beck's talk "misguided." Then when I appealed the ban, he gave me the 36K punishment because he's sick of my attitude. Uhhh....ok.

It's his site, and he can do whatever the hell he wants, but he could at least quit being such a pussy about it. At least be transparent about his intentions, and "rules." The rules page should just simply state the truth, which is he and his fellow ass kissers will ban/suspend anyone, at anytime, for any reason they deem appropriate.

What is the 36K punishment?

NorCal Cat 10-24-2007 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 140702)
What is the 36K punishment?

Oh, sorry. It is my 36K+ day suspension. I referred to it in an earlier post.

TripletDaddy 10-24-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 140706)
Oh, sorry. It is my 36K+ day suspension. I referred to it in an earlier post.

I cant be bothered to look for it. what is it? are you essentially banned forever? 36,000 days?

I dont get it. The times I have been suspended (which really arent that many compared to some of you reprobates), I have stated an appeal and usually receive a pretty cordial response (if any). Where does all this arguing come into play?

MikeWaters 10-24-2007 01:22 AM

Norcal how old are you, and how long have your relatives lived? I think you may have a shot, if things go particularly well.

You could always appeal to Jefe Jr. when Jefe passes on. Maybe Jefe Jr. will be the apple that fell from the tree and rolled down the hill, went into the drain, floated into the ocean, landed on an island, and rooted. We can only pray and hope.