cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Viking is here (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28207)

Viking 11-26-2011 04:21 AM

Viking is here

Hey guys,

I see little relevance to a "Cougar Ute Forum" given that the rivalry (which, as a native Texan, never existed for me) is unlikely to exist in the future to the same extent as the past.

CUF, as CB before, has jumped the shark. Expect a lot more activity here.

MikeWaters 11-26-2011 02:13 PM

Man speaks to the river, but the river has no mind. Just purpose.

ute4ever 11-26-2011 10:46 PM

Let me guess: a sweet-talking rapist showed up in Zarahemla, and most of the Intellectualites and Apotateites felt flattered by how diverse their portfolios had just become; meanwhile you were not cool with it and made your voice known, which hurt the pride of the counsel of the judges, so they banned you.

Viking 11-27-2011 12:30 AM

I just think that as much as Jeff & Co try, as long as you endorse mediocrity, there's not much difference between CB and CUF other than a few f-bombs.

I don't play to the crowd; I don't care (or need to) what others think. I say what I think and know that I will be wrong a lot but that life is more about probabilities than absolutes.

MikeWaters 11-27-2011 02:06 AM

I have not been to CUF since their debut day. I discourage talk about that site, because I don't want this place to get wrapped up in the politics of outside message boards.

This should not be considered a place that welcomes whining about other forums and their moderators/owners.

Moreover, while it may not be readily apparent, Cougarguard has transitioned into a pure dictatorship. I am the dictator. If I don't enjoy this site, then it has no reason to exist. As it is, I don't have to page the firing squad at all, because the only people here are the misfits that fit.

Viking 11-27-2011 08:53 AM

I get it. Why not a natural aristocracy? Those are much more durable.

Viking 11-27-2011 01:49 PM

I've been obsessively reading through your work here, Mike. I thoroughly enjoy what you've created. There's a certain skadefryd that accompanies working others up into a frenzy...but, that side of me is reaching its nadir and I'm less interested in such Kinderspiel.

I like what you've done with your place. The fact you continue despite the crowd compels me perhaps more than anything else

Archaea 11-27-2011 06:20 PM

Mike has an art to what he does, and each forum has its own identity.

I get banned by CB. CUF has no need of me.

And just because there are rising and ebbing tides is no reason for me to abandon.

Viking 11-27-2011 08:50 PM

Mike, if I recall correctly, sent me a PM on CB years ago inviting me to come here. I think I'm about five+ years late. Fitting.

I have a lifetime banishment on CB and my account is no longer active and can't confirm that memory, so pardon me if I'm confusing Mike with someone else.

Archaea 11-27-2011 11:59 PM

It was either Mike or myself. I emailed more than I can remember.