cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   RS mtg. last night (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22971)

Brian 09-29-2008 01:07 AM

RS mtg. last night

We spent the day taking out overgrown bushes and my wife was dead come RS mtg time. She noticed it was the TV so opted to watch it here. Did anyone catch that lady leading the singing? She was pretty animated. She shook her fists with umph on the chorus. Quite a bird.

Uchdorf made a good point in his talk, something I've thought about ever since. He said it might not matter in the end how many prayers we offer, but how many prayers we answer. A thought worth pondering. A Christlike approach to life, keeping the arrows pointed outward.

myboynoah 09-29-2008 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 271257)
We spent the day taking out overgrown bushes and my wife was dead come RS mtg time. She noticed it was the TV so opted to watch it here. Did anyone catch that lady leading the singing? She was pretty animated. She shook her fists with umph on the chorus. Quite a bird.

Uchdorf made a good point in his talk, something I've thought about ever since. He said it might not matter in the end how many prayers we offer, but how many prayers we answer. A thought worth pondering. A Christlike approach to life, keeping the arrows pointed outward.

My wife mentioned nothing about an RS mtg. I think I better talk to the Bishop.

Brian 09-29-2008 02:25 AM

yes, the general RS mtg. Like missing priesthood mtg next week.

give the feller a call.

why can't ours be on tv? You put a bunch of men in a room, dim the lights, and the heads start nodding. If I could be at home doing something, I wouldn't fall asleep.

SoCalCoug 09-29-2008 08:19 AM

So if my wife missed the general RS meeting, I shouldn't feel bad if I miss the priesthood meeting next sat.?

Surfah 09-29-2008 01:56 PM

I forgot that being on the east coast now meant 8-10pm Priesthood Meeting. That sucks.

Brian 09-29-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surfah (Post 271370)
I forgot that being on the east coast now meant 8-10pm Priesthood Meeting. That sucks.

yes. but it also means that church doesn't start until noon.
church in jammies. doesn't get better than that.

Surfah 09-29-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 271371)
yes. but it also means that church doesn't start until noon.
church in jammies. doesn't get better than that.

True. I can play Fantastic Contraption and watch church at the same time if Gidget will leave me.

I heard that the Church has a new download to watch and that it's supposed to stream pretty nice. I may have to check that out though we have BYU TV.

RedHeadGal 09-29-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 271257)

this thing comes on tv? On the BYU channel or something?

And speaking of that, why don't they televise the Priesthood session? Why do they require you to go to church for that and no other sessions?

MikeWaters 09-29-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHeadGal (Post 271653)

And speaking of that, why don't they televise the Priesthood session? Why do they require you to go to church for that and no other sessions?

because they want there to some semblance of privacy as they ream us for 1) not treating women better 2) neglecting women 3) not being better husbands 4) not being better fathers 5) being disgusting awful creatures hardly worth our own skins and bones, much less fatherhood and marriage.

Archaea 09-29-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedHeadGal (Post 271653)

Because if they televised it, nobody would watch. Forcing men to attend means some will be forced to listen. I solve that one by ceding my seat to a person who wants it more. And read about it in print.