cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If there is a Heavenly Mother, why does she play no role (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12452)

MikeWaters 10-05-2007 05:28 PM

If there is a Heavenly Mother, why does she play no role

in our lives?

What does this say to women in the church today?

Women here, do you have any opinions about this?

BYU71 10-05-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 131647)
in our lives?

What does this say to women in the church today?

Women here, do you have any opinions about this?

She is to sacred a person to allow her name and personage to be treated the way God and the Savior are.

It is not a slight, but a sign of reverence for her.

Archaea 10-05-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 131657)
She is to sacred a person to allow her name and personage to be treated the way God and the Savior are.

Are you a mullah in training. That is the Pavlovian answer, but I wonder what the real reason is.

JohnnyLingo 10-05-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 131658)
Are you a mullah in training. That is the Pavlovian answer, but I wonder what the real reason is.

What the hell?

What reason do you have for believing that the answer BYU71 gave is wrong?

You are the most arrogant person I know.

Flystripper 10-05-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 131659)
What the hell?

why do you believe that it is right?

BYU71 10-05-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 131658)

That is not the Pavlovian answer, that is the answer I was taught as a kid and in Seminary.

My real reason is she doesn't need to be mentioned to have the real power.

I grew up when the Patriarchal order was in vogue. Not only in the church, but elsewhere too.

Imagine my wonder and amazement as I grew up and observed married people to find out the real power the men had in the church was in name only. If you don't think women have influenced how the church functions from the beginning, you are kidding yourself.

WOW was given because Emma was pissed off.

BYU71 10-05-2007 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 131659)
What the hell?

Come on Johnny, you believe that. A better answer should have been, we don't know. She exists I believe because that is the true order of things. Anything about why she doesn't have a more permanent place is pure speculation.

RC Vikings 10-05-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 131657)

That answer and your avatar side by side just doesn't look right.

Tex 10-05-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 131671)
A better answer should have been, we don't know.

I think is the best answer to that question. The rest is speculation--perhaps highly educated, very sensible speculation--but still speculation.

Archaea 10-05-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BYU71 (Post 131671)
Come on Johnny, you believe that. A better answer should have been, we don't know. She exists I believe because that is the true order of things. Anything about why she doesn't have a more permanent place is pure speculation.

At least you don't become offended when I rib you, but Johnny becomes offended for you. When did you get a little puppy dog?