cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The new filter at work blocks that other site (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18055)

Kilgore Trout 03-26-2008 09:24 PM

The new filter at work blocks that other site

I've poked around this place a bit, but never spent much time here. Looks like it could be fun. I guess I'll be hanging out here for my BYU sports, etc. fix during those boring moments of the working day. I'll also kick in the occasional wisecrack and maybe even a sports-related post now and then.

il Padrino Ute 03-26-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout (Post 202513)
I've poked around this place a bit, but never spent much time here. Looks like it could be fun. I guess I'll be hanging out here for my BYU sports, etc. fix during those boring moments of the working day. I'll also kick in the occasional wisecrack and maybe even a sports-related post now and then.

Welcome.

This site is to the other what (insert favorite food here) is to turnips.

Clark Addison 03-27-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

I'd count on a lot more "etc." than "BYU sports"

creekster 03-27-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Any fan of vonnegut is welcome here from my point of view.

BarbaraGordon 03-27-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 202594)

Tell us the truth. You only skimmed Slaughterhouse Five, didn't you? ;-)

Kilgore Trout 03-27-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 202596)
Tell us the truth. You only skimmed Slaughterhouse Five, didn't you? ;-)

No, I didn't skim it. It's been a while, though, so don't quiz me. I guess if I'm going to call myself Kilgore Trout, I'd better brush up.

myboynoah 03-27-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 202594)

More telling will be what he thinks of Austen.

BarbaraGordon 03-27-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout (Post 202607)
No, I didn't skim it. It's been a while, though, so don't quiz me. I guess if I'm going to call myself Kilgore Trout, I'd better brush up.

apologies. That was directed to Creekster.

As far as I know no one will try to quiz you on your reading material, though there's at least one rude character around here who will call you out if you misspell any authors' names.

Welcome, and may the orthographic forces be with you.

Archaea 03-27-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon (Post 202639)
apologies. That was directed to Creekster.

As far as I know no one will try to quiz you on your reading material, though there's at least one rude character around here who will call you out if you misspell any authors' names.

Welcome, and may the orthographic forces be with you.

That character might also call you out if you have other orthographic challenges. Don't confuse a compliment while complementing your sources.

pelagius 03-27-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 202616)
More telling will be what he thinks of Austen.

Did we ever establish if Creekster dislikes Austen in general or only to Pride and Prejudice in particular? I, for one, have never heard him say anything negative about Northanger Abbey (and I even baited him once to try to get him to take a shot at Catherine Morland). I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that his ire is mostly confined to a dislike of a certain Miss Elizabeth Bennet.