cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other College Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I like soccer, but... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21491)

BigFatMeanie 08-08-2008 08:35 PM

I like soccer, but...

I like soccer. I had RSL season tickets before Mrs. Meanie gave me a choice between BYU football and RSL season tickets (BYU football won). I like to follow the BYU soccer team. I like to watch international matches on TV. Soccer is one of the few sports in which the woman's game is just as interesting, if not more so, than the men's game. I like soccer.

All that being said, if you are injured so badly that you need to be carted off the field on a stretcher, there is no stinking way you should enter the game 30 seconds later as if nothing at all had happened. The pussification that occurs in soccer just ruins the game.

TripletDaddy 08-08-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie (Post 251117)
I like soccer. I had RSL season tickets before Mrs. Meanie gave me a choice between BYU football and RSL season tickets (BYU football won). I like to follow the BYU soccer team. I like to watch international matches on TV. Soccer is one of the few sports in which the woman's game is just as interesting, if not more so, than the men's game. I like soccer.

All that being said, if you are injured so badly that you need to be carted off the field on a stretcher, there is no stinking way you should enter the game 30 seconds later as if nothing at all had happened. The pussification that occurs in soccer just ruins the game.

Sounds like Paul Pierce in the NBA Finals.

myboynoah 08-08-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 251119)

What a great finals.

Ainge rules.

TripletDaddy 08-08-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 251122)
What a great finals.

Ainge rules.

I'd have no problem throwing my towel in his face.

mpfunk 08-11-2008 04:28 PM

I think it is unfortunate that we live in a society where people can freely express their love of soccer.

il Padrino Ute 08-11-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 251119)

Or Magic Johnson in just about any game in which he fell down. Dude was the best, but also had the lowest pain threshold I've ever seen.

TripletDaddy 08-11-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 251508)
Or Magic Johnson in just about any game in which he fell down. Dude was the best, but also had the lowest pain threshold I've ever seen.

Of course he was a bit sluggish. He was playing while infected with HIV.

Also, he was sad that Kareem got all the Fletch and Airplane! movie roles.

myboynoah 08-11-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 251128)
I'd have no problem throwing my towel in his face.

Like you'd ever have the chance with your long torso and short legs.

Ainge rules.

TripletDaddy 08-11-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myboynoah (Post 251520)
Like you'd ever have the chance with your long torso and short legs.

Ainge rules.

**PLEASE REDEEM THIS FOR ONE FREE ROUNDHOUSE KICK***

il Padrino Ute 08-11-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 251514)
Of course he was a bit sluggish. He was playing while infected with HIV.

Also, he was sad that Kareem got all the Fletch and Airplane! movie roles.

He was at his wussiest before the HIV. I think Seth McFarlaine got the idea for Peter Griffin's reaction to falling and scraping a knee from Magic.

Was he sad that Kareem got the role in Bruce Lee's Game of Death?