cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How come no one is criticizing all the Cali folks (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13144)

MikeWaters 10-23-2007 07:16 PM

How come no one is criticizing all the Cali folks

for building homes in areas susceptible to fire?

After all what kind of idiots would build homes below sea level....oops. Wrong disaster.

I wonder if the insurance companies will treat southern californians like they have treated New Orleanians.

Tex 10-23-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 140479)
for building homes in areas susceptible to fire?

After all what kind of idiots would build homes below sea level....oops. Wrong disaster.

I wonder if the insurance companies will treat southern californians like they have treated New Orleanians.

I'm not an insurance guy, but I believe that fire is a completely different kind of natural disaster in the insurance world than flood. I'm pretty sure that outside of the Feds, you can't get flood insurance.

MikeWaters 10-23-2007 07:22 PM

I'm pretty sure companies deal differently with rich whites than they do poor blacks. Yeah, I'm pretty sure about that.

TripletDaddy 10-23-2007 07:23 PM

What area is not susceptible to fire?

Supermax?

JohnnyLingo 10-23-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 140486)
I'm pretty sure companies deal differently with rich whites than they do poor blacks. Yeah, I'm pretty sure about that.

Troll troll troll.

That's all you're good for, Mike. Do you really believe this?

There were plenty of white people who lost their homes during Katrina. You mean to tell me insurance companies paid these folks and did not pay their black neighbors who also lost their homes?

MikeWaters 10-23-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 140502)
Troll troll troll.

That's all you're good for, Mike. Do you really believe this?

There were plenty of white people who lost their homes during Katrina. You mean to tell me insurance companies paid these folks and did not pay their black neighbors who also lost their homes?

Let me know if you need more.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...nsurance_x.htm

Tex 10-23-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 140486)

Mike, you're hijacking your own thread.

JohnnyLingo 10-23-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 140504)

Article says:

Insurance companies respond more readily to customers who threaten to sue them for not paying. For whatever reason, minorities are less likely to threaten to sue.

Doesn't mean insurance companies are uniformly racist in their policies. They respond to a kick in the pants, no matter who it is from.

MikeWaters 10-23-2007 07:45 PM

SIEQ gets paid to study the media. I don't get paid, but I pay attention a little bit. The headline "Civility reigns at Qualcomm Stadium" says "This is not the Superdome", and the subtext is black = anarchy, white = civilization.

MikeWaters 10-23-2007 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 140511)
Article says:

Insurance companies respond more readily to customers who threaten to sue them for not paying. For whatever reason, minorities are less likely to threaten to sue.

Doesn't mean insurance companies are uniformly racist in their policies. They respond to a kick in the pants, no matter who it is from.

They know who to take advantage of. You can argue that the people all just happen to be black. That it is a coincidence. I won't make that spurious argument.