cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   You enlightened few who realize prophets and apostles are not infallible, (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20876)

SeattleUte 07-13-2008 03:57 AM

You enlightened few who realize prophets and apostles are not infallible,

and are less literal in your faith, I think it's time you started appreciating the joys of good wine. What say you? Why not?

Levin 07-13-2008 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 241622)
and are less literal in your faith, I think it's time you started appreciating the joys of good wine. What say you? Why not?

Have you been drinking tonight? Just promise you'll get a designated driver to take you home from wherever you are right now.

CardiacCoug 07-13-2008 04:00 AM

Quote:

A glass or two per day is good for your heart, too. So there is also medical justification -- maybe some docs would even prescribe it if people want that to rationalize it.

SeattleUte 07-13-2008 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardiacCoug (Post 241625)
A glass or two per day is good for your heart, too. So there is also medical justification -- maybe some docs would even prescribe it if people want that to rationalize it.

Helps you unwind too. Stress is a killer.

Mormon Red Death 07-13-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Cost is a big prohibitor. My work takes us out to dinner frequently and I am astounded at the bills for 9 people the bill will be $1500.

MikeWaters 07-13-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardiacCoug (Post 241625)

source? are you saying that cardiologists disregard the design flaws demonstrated in the old studies, where people who had quit drinking were counted as abstainers?

SeattleUte 07-13-2008 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 241638)
source?

My doctor.

landpoke 07-13-2008 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death (Post 241637)
Cost is a big prohibitor. My work takes us out to dinner frequently and I am astounded at the bills for 9 people the bill will be $1500.

The markup on booze in restaurants is enormous, in the neighborhood of 3X retail. That hundred dollar bottle of wine you drink at XYZ restaurant is probably a $30.00 bottle in the store.

SeattleUte 07-13-2008 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landpoke (Post 241643)
The markup on booze in restaurants is enormous, in the neighborhood of 3X retail. That hundred dollar bottle of wine you drink at XYZ restaurant is probably a $30.00 bottle in the store.

I didn't understand his post. If the company pays for it he should just enjoy it.

RC Vikings 07-13-2008 04:25 AM

My last experience drinking wine was twenty five years ago and between the cheap E & G wine, the cheese and sitting in some hot springs just outside of Sun Valley for a couple of hours the night ended badly. I still can't smell the stuff without feeling like I'm going to throw up.