cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lane Kiffin Fired (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23062)

Surfah 09-30-2008 06:17 PM

Lane Kiffin Fired

I wish Al Davis would die. How do you excuse a head coach for losing when you won't let him make changes? Kiffin opposed all of Davis' off-season signing, particularly that of Javon Walker, Leile, and DeAngelo Hall. Wasn't happy with the draft. And he also wanted to fire Bob Ryan. How the hell Bob Ryan still has a job is beyond me. Al should just come down out of the box in his jumpsuit and coach. He needs to go and go soon.

cougjunkie 09-30-2008 06:52 PM

Davis was to big of a pussy to fire him in person and he called him on the phone. Then he told him he would not honor his contract.

TripletDaddy 09-30-2008 07:03 PM

Lane Kiffin....Fight Gone!

Working for Al Davis is worse than working for Stein...at least Stein has competitive teams year in and year out.

Another embarassing day for Raider Nation.

Why can't I stop loving this pathetic sack of a team?

PS In fairness, trotting out Janidrunkski to kick a 900 yard field goal is basically the same as throwing up a white flag. Kiff probably shouldnt have done that......although he was only off by about 15 yards or so.

DrumNFeather 09-30-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 272378)
Davis was to big of a pussy to fire him in person and he called him on the phone. Then he told him he would not honor his contract.

There should be plenty of good college jobs that Kiffin will be a candidate for.

RC Vikings 09-30-2008 07:18 PM

So how happy is Saskisian today that he didn't take that job.

Runner Coug 09-30-2008 09:32 PM

I must admit, seeing those freaks in the Black Hole with their heads in their hands brings me true joy. I hope he hires Art Shell again.

TheSizzle36 09-30-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 272508)
I hope he hires Art Shell again.

That made me laugh...

Surfah 09-30-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner Coug (Post 272508)
I must admit, seeing those freaks in the Black Hole with their heads in their hands brings me true joy. I hope he hires Art Shell again.

Wouldn't surprise me. Al Davis is a wreck. He doesn't know what to do anymore.

UtahDan 09-30-2008 10:18 PM

So Kiffin is now going to have to be bought out for, what, 3.5 million? And no one is going to think less of him. He will have other jobs.

You know that 80+ year old guy who is too old to drive, but he thinks he can still do it? In fact, he thinks he can do it for years beyond the time he became dangerous behind the wheel but he can't objectively evaluate that anymore because his mental faculties are diminished? That is Al Davis, only it is an NFL franchise rather than Lincoln Town Car.

Now what person in their right mind is going to want that job? Whoever the next poor fool is better get some guaranteed money in that contract. Sorry Raider fans, you are stuck in this cycle as long as this man lives.

BlueHair 10-01-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahDan (Post 272534)
So Kiffin is now going to have to be bought out for, what, 3.5 million? And no one is going to think less of him. He will have other jobs.

You know that 80+ year old guy who is too old to drive, but he thinks he can still do it? In fact, he thinks he can do it for years beyond the time he became dangerous behind the wheel but he can't objectively evaluate that anymore because his mental faculties are diminished? That is Al Davis, only it is an NFL franchise rather than Lincoln Town Car.

Now what person in their right mind is going to want that job? Whoever the next poor fool is better get some guaranteed money in that contract. Sorry Raider fans, you are stuck in this cycle as long as this man lives.

Davis said Kiffen was fired for cause and will not be paid. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.