cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Religion (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I really have zero respect for Islam (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9603)

MikeWaters 07-03-2007 08:33 PM

I really have zero respect for Islam

As long as Islam does not embrace freedom of religion and an open religious "market", I believe Islam is unworthy of any respect or admiration.

Muslims really only give lip-service to this. And many do not do even that.

As long as Mormon missionaries are not allowed into primarily Muslim countries, I have no respect for Islam. Zero.

Indy Coug 07-03-2007 08:34 PM

Mullah

Archaea 07-03-2007 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 96966)
As long as Islam does not embrace freedom of religion and an open religious "market", I believe Islam is unworthy of any respect or admiration.

As long as Mormon missionaries are not allowed into primarily Muslim countries, I have no respect for Islam. Zero.

This concept is tied to their concept of fatwa.

To allow an unbeliever or a disbeliever to bring a heretical word is to allow one to corrupt the spirit of another. By allowing that, that person deserves physical death.

I intend to get to the bottom of the fatwa concept, but it is heinous in my mind.

NorCal Cat 07-03-2007 09:25 PM

Should Islam be outlawed in the US?

Any religion that practices "honor killings" should not be legal imo. An example of an honor killing would be a woman being murdered by her father or brother because she wants a divorce.

Mindfulcoug 07-03-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

i wonder WAHT mormon missionaries are you going to offer muslims ?umm..ploygamy ?? well ,we already have that.

SeattleUte 07-03-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Isn't Israel similar?

Mindfulcoug 07-03-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Cat (Post 97016)
Any religion that practices "honor killings" should not be legal imo. An example of an honor killing would be a woman being murdered by her father or brother because she wants a divorce.

i really admire when poeple dare to say something which they have no single idea about that .
honor killing is NOT something prescribed in religion ,its something out of some poor horrible culture ..you surly are able to differentiate between religion and culture.are 'nt you ??

MikeWaters 07-03-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 97027)
i wonder WAHT mormon missionaries are you going to offer muslims ?umm..ploygamy ?? well ,we already have that.

How about the truth about God, for starters? And the role Jesus Christ plays as Savior?

NorCal Cat 07-03-2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfulcoug (Post 97036)
i really admire when poeple dare to say something which they have no single idea about that .
honor killing is NOT something prescribed in religion ,its something out of some poor horrible culture ..you surly are able to differentiate between religion and culture.are 'nt you ??

please enlighten me then. if you know so much about Islam and honor killings. it's not exactly clear cut what actions taken by Islamists around the world are a result of their "religion" v. their "culture."

MikeWaters 07-03-2007 09:46 PM

If the "religious culture" of major swaths of people in predominately Muslim countries believe in honor killings, that's good enough for me.

By their fruits you will know them. Murder is a bad fruit.