cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   What should this site be? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Taking a break for a while... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2984)

Cali Coug 07-05-2006 05:07 PM

Taking a break for a while...

I have noticed with increasing regularity that my mere participation in a thread seems to draw out the worst in some posters. I don't think that is conducive to the atmosphere this board is trying to build. I don't see the venom as frequently when other "liberals" post, so I can only assume I have deeply offended some and they are reacting to that offense. For any offense, I apologize, though I assure you (in most cases :)) the offense was unintentional.

I will take a bit of a break and hope that my absence can allow the atmosphere here to improve.

Best to you all.

fusnik11 07-05-2006 05:22 PM

Don't leave....

I enjoy the insight and different point of view you are able to interject here.

Mormon Red Death 07-05-2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoyacoug
I have noticed with increasing regularity that my mere participation in a thread seems to draw out the worst in some posters. I don't think that is conducive to the atmosphere this board is trying to build. I don't see the venom as frequently when other "liberals" post, so I can only assume I have deeply offended some and they are reacting to that offense. For any offense, I apologize, though I assure you (in most cases :)) the offense was unintentional.

I will take a bit of a break and hope that my absence can allow the atmosphere here to improve.

Best to you all.

I think you should spend your time away contemplating about why you are against Jesus Christ and then come back here with the right answers :)

Jeff Lebowski 07-05-2006 06:16 PM

A sad, sad day for CG. Driving away someone as articulate and thoughtful as hoya in this environment is a damn shame. Sigh....

All-American 07-05-2006 06:35 PM

Come back soon, man.

RockyBalboa 07-17-2006 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeboy
A sad, sad day for CG. Driving away someone as articulate and thoughtful as hoya in this environment is a damn shame. Sigh....

lol...let's not over-react or anything now.

The dude isn't Jesus Christ, but thinks he knows more than him.

SteelBlue 07-17-2006 05:08 AM

Hope to see you back soon Hoya. There are stem cells and the Middle East to discuss.

Jeff Lebowski 07-22-2006 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
lol...let's not over-react or anything now.

The dude isn't Jesus Christ, but thinks he knows more than him.

Yet another cheap shot.

Archaea 07-22-2006 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeboy

Interesting debater, intelligent and a shame he took a brake, but I would not describe him as thoughtful.

You're at least here as a vestigal liberal.

Jeff Lebowski 07-22-2006 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea
You're at least here as a vestigal liberal.

LOL. If I am considered to be the one carrying the flag for the liberals then the puritans have won and the witch hunt can be called off. The coast is clear.