cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What is the inspiration behind your moniker? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223)

SteelBlue 01-26-2006 03:23 AM

What is the inspiration behind your moniker?

I chose mine as a joke in the same manner that Homer Simpson chose his "Max Power" name. Monikers that I'm particularly curious about are the Waters', Mike and Farrah as well as Robin Finderson. You can throw iluvatar in there as well. Are those names from some show that I know nothing about?

il Padrino Ute 01-26-2006 03:34 AM

I served a mission in Italy - specifically, Sicily.

il Padrino is Italian for "The Godfather".

Ute means I'm a University of Utah fan.

realtall 01-26-2006 03:55 AM

Mine is realtall because I like realtall strawberry smoothies.

Jeff Lebowski 01-26-2006 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realtall

You know, when I first saw your moniker and the Dallas Mavericks logo, I thought, "Hmmm... I wonder if that is Shawn Bradley?"

Jeff Lebowski 01-26-2006 03:58 AM

I have a non-member friend who always kids me about me and my "Mormon homeboys".

Of course, now I wish I had thought of something cooler, like "Art Vandelay".

Robin 01-26-2006 04:01 AM

Re: What is the inspiration behind your moniker?

r.f.

SteelBlue 01-26-2006 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeboy
You know, when I first saw your moniker and the Dallas Mavericks logo, I thought, "Hmmm... I wonder if that is Shawn Bradley?"

I thought the same thing until I saw their pictures. While he is not Shawn Bradley, he is indeed real tall.

SoCalCoug 01-26-2006 04:27 AM

I happened to be very noncreative the day I selected "SoCalCougar" - I live in So Cal, so I though it was apopos. But wait, you say - you're SoCalCoug, without the "ar". Well, in the days of BYU Board (before it became Cougarboard) I was briefly "SoCalCougar" - then SoCalCougar the Elder informed me that the name was taken - and I can see why someone would not want to be confused with me. So, I thought I'd screw with him, drop only the "ar" and be technically different, while people still would confuse us.

Surfah 01-26-2006 04:35 AM

Surfah, hawaiian pidgin pronounciation. I surf and I am Hawaiian. The 33 is my volleyball number from high school. 3 is just my favorite number so every sport I played was 33 or some number with 3, for example football was 73. 3 is also the magic number. Most people think 33 is my age. I have a few years before I join the older singles ward yet.

realtall 01-26-2006 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeboy
Quote:

Originally Posted by realtall

I've been asked that several times on cb along with, "Just how tall are you anyways?"

I did see Shawn in the temple a couple of months ago. He was right beside me. It was very enlightening to look up to someone almost a foot taller than me.