cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mighty Utes choke (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29190)

Archaea 09-28-2014 03:43 AM

Mighty Utes choke

To the team which lost to Nevada at home!

MikeWaters 09-29-2014 01:06 PM

coaches hot seat only has k whitt at #75, which seems way too comfortable.

But I guess I am misreading the Utes. And maybe they are quite happy with the direction of their program.

Archaea 09-29-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 319077)
coaches hot seat only has k whitt at #75, which seems way too comfortable.

But I guess I am misreading the Utes. And maybe they are quite happy with the direction of their program.

Why? Are you worried about improvement?

What could they expect? You are in the smallest state of the conference with nothing special to distinguish yourself. How can they expect to compete regularly in the PAC12? Whit may be a respectable coach if he has equal or superior talent, but there is no way Utah will ever have equal or superior talent to USC or Oregon. BYU might be in a similar position except its connection to the LDS Church might be enough of a distinction to allow it to survive in a P5 conference.

MikeWaters 09-29-2014 02:06 PM

can kwhitt survive with a mediocre record year to year?

I have no idea. Maybe the Utes have resigned themselves to being bottom drawer with the occasional upset.

Maybe they are just happy to cash the checks.

Heaven knows that they can't be found on TV.

MikeWaters 09-29-2014 04:30 PM

This would have been a great year for BYU to play Utah.

I think a lot of us suspect that Utah would win (even though I haven't seen Utah play this year, are they on TV?). Just because Whitt has Bronco's number.

But we'll never know, will we? BECAUSE UTAH DECIDED THEY WERE ABOVE PLAYING LOWLY BYU.

ChinoCoug 09-29-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 319081)
This would have been a great year for BYU to play Utah.

I think a lot of us suspect that Utah would win (even though I haven't seen Utah play this year, are they on TV?). Just because Whitt has Bronco's number.

But we'll never know, will we? BECAUSE UTAH DECIDED THEY WERE ABOVE PLAYING LOWLY BYU.

No, this is the year we shouldn't be playing Utah. We have a higher probability of going undefeated than anybody, and a high-risk low-reward game against a team that spends its entire offseason preparing for us....

MikeWaters 09-29-2014 07:32 PM

I would enjoy watching a high-stakes BYU vs. Utah game. Although I realize BYU would probably lose because that's just the way BYU rolls against Utah in the Bronco era.