cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nba Mvp (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18026)

JohnnyLingo 03-25-2008 10:29 PM

Nba Mvp

Triplet is over on CB trolling about Kobe being a convincing lock for MVP this season. As Triplet does nothing but troll, I was going to ignore him as usual.

But then I figured we should come to an agreement about what the MVP award is for. Any debate about who should be MVP is useless without laying the groundwork and defining the key term.

So what are your qualifications for MVP? Do they have to be on an elite team? Do they have to score a lot? Does conference affiliation matter?

TripletDaddy 03-25-2008 10:44 PM

I wasnt trolling, what are you talking about?

Kobe is the MVP. I believe that. So do most of the media. He will win convincingly now. Who do you have winning it over Kobe?

Perhaps you should define trolling before you define MVP.

il Padrino Ute 03-25-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo (Post 202092)
Triplet is over on CB trolling about Kobe being a convincing lock for MVP this season. As Triplet does nothing but troll, I was going to ignore him as usual.

But then I figured we should come to an agreement about what the MVP award is for. Any debate about who should be MVP is useless without laying the groundwork and defining the key term.

So what are your qualifications for MVP? Do they have to be on an elite team? Do they have to score a lot? Does conference affiliation matter?

I've always heard that the MVP is the best player in the league. I can't disagree with the idea that Bryant is the best player in the league today - except for maybe LeBron.

Of course, if the MVP was based on the most pomous dickhead in the league, Bryant would win it every year, including his rookie year.

RockyBalboa 03-25-2008 10:48 PM

As much as I loathe rapists, I have to admit that right now Kobe is the front runner for MVP.

TripletDaddy 03-25-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 202105)
As much as I loathe rapists, I have to admit that right now Kobe is the front runner for MVP.

Kobe was never convicted of rape.

He is as much of a rapist as Deron Williams. Or Ronnie Brewer. Or Dee Brown. Or Paul Milsap. Or DeShawn Stevenson....

whoops!

RockyBalboa 03-25-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 202111)

He is as much of a rapist as Deron Williams. Or Ronnie Brewer. Or Dee Brown. Or Paul Milsap. Or DeShawn Stevenson....

whoops!

I know a lot more about Kobe Bryant's escapades than the regular fan.

And yes I'm not kidding, lol.

I rarely have shared them and will only do so via boardmail, so if you're interested boardmail me, if not, that's fine too.

*EDIT* -- for that matter I can tell you some pretty bad stuff about Jazz players and players on other teams as well.

creekster 03-25-2008 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 202102)
I wasnt trolling, what are you talking about?

Kobe is the MVP. I believe that. So do most of the media. He will win convincingly now. Who do you have winning it over Kobe?

Perhaps you should define trolling before you define MVP.

This is getting tricky. I think we need to define define before we define the other terms.

il Padrino Ute 03-25-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 202111)

Al Capone was never convicted of racketeering.

I'm just saying....

TripletDaddy 03-25-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 202131)
Al Capone was never convicted of racketeering.

I'm just saying....

I agree, which would make Deron Williams a rapist. And Brewer. And Milsap. etc...plus, Kobe, too.

creekster 03-25-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 202137)
I agree, which would make Deron Williams a rapist. And Brewer. And Milsap. etc...plus, Kobe, too.

You too, right?