cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Utah vs. Michigan Prediction Thread (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21896)

DrumNFeather 08-27-2008 06:38 PM

Utah vs. Michigan Prediction Thread

I just don't know what to think about this game. All signs point to the fact that Utah has a good chance to win, and I believe they do, but there are so many unknowns with Michigan that it's just hard to tell.

Probably heart over head on this one, but I think Utah wins it 31-21.

cougjunkie 08-27-2008 06:44 PM

Michigan: 24
Utah: 17

I think Utah has a great secondary but Michigan still has some of the best skill players out there, Matthews, Stonum, Mcguffie and Shaw are all very good. If Utah can get to the QB they have a good chance because Michigan has a patchwork O-line. However Michigans defense is arguably the best in the big 10 (I think Ohio State is #1 then Michigan) with two all-americans at corner in Donovan Warren and Morgan Trent, the number 1 corner recruit in the country in Boubacar Cissoko, returning all-big 10 safety Brandon Harrison and returning all-american nose tackle Terrence Taylor.

I think Michigan is better than people think, but Utah does have a good chance to win this game.

MikeWaters 08-27-2008 06:44 PM

Utah loses 24-22, as their 20 yard fieldgoal attempt hits the post as time runs out.

myboynoah 08-27-2008 06:45 PM

When is the game?

TripletDaddy 08-27-2008 06:45 PM

I predict I won't watch it, because I don't care about either team.

Good luck to everyone involved, though.

DrumNFeather 08-27-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 257983)
Michigan: 24
Utah: 17

I think Utah has a great secondary but Michigan still has some of the best skill players out there, Matthews, Stonum, Mcguffie and Shaw are all very good. If Utah can get to the QB they have a good chance because Michigan has a patchwork O-line. However Michigans defense is arguably the best in the big 10 (I think Ohio State is #1 then Michigan) with two all-americans at corner in Donovan Warren and Morgan Trent, the number 1 corner recruit in the country in Boubacar Cissoko, returning all-big 10 safety Brandon Harrison and returning all-american nose tackle Terrence Taylor.

I think Michigan is better than people think, but Utah does have a good chance to win this game.

If it is a close game in the 4th Quarter, Utah will find a way to lose and I will believe this until my man KW shows me that his teams can win close games.

I think Utah has to keep this D-Line off balance all game and throw screens etc at them vs. running it between the tackles. They need to run these guys all over the field and tire them out.

All-American 08-27-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 257984)
Utah loses 24-22, as their 20 yard fieldgoal attempt hits the post as time runs out.

Woah, just had the weirdest deja vu sensation.

BlueHair 08-27-2008 06:59 PM

Michigan will get at least one defensive or special teams touchdown, but Utah SHOULD win this game. However, since KW is coaching, I have to go with Michigan. 24-17.

Mormon Red Death 08-27-2008 07:07 PM

Utah 35 Michigan 14

Utes rejoice!

Cali Coug 08-27-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 257977)
I just don't know what to think about this game. All signs point to the fact that Utah has a good chance to win, and I believe they do, but there are so many unknowns with Michigan that it's just hard to tell.

Probably heart over head on this one, but I think Utah wins it 31-21.

Utah: 24
Michigan: 7