cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finances (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Taxes and I don't know how it happened... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7500)

UteStar 04-06-2007 09:57 PM

Taxes and I don't know how it happened...

So my wife works as a realtor and she had a pretty good year this past year working part-time. Anyway, we did not pay any pre-taxes during the year to cover her, so I fully expected to owe a big amount of money. Well, her business expenses knocked it down a ton as well as us having another baby and some other large medical expenses...and we got a tax refund. After thinking that we would owe several thousand dollars, it is nice to get a little money back. I have been perfecting my shirtless Swayze jump of happiness all day today.

Now I just have to go out and spend it because we didn't expect it. I guess with this attitude, I now know why we are not stinkin' rich!

BlueHair 04-07-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteStar (Post 71080)
So my wife works as a realtor and she had a pretty good year this past year working part-time. Anyway, we did not pay any pre-taxes during the year to cover her, so I fully expected to owe a big amount of money. Well, her business expenses knocked it down a ton as well as us having another baby and some other large medical expenses...and we got a tax refund. After thinking that we would owe several thousand dollars, it is nice to get a little money back. I have been perfecting my shirtless Swayze jump of happiness all day today.

Now I just have to go out and spend it because we didn't expect it. I guess with this attitude, I now know why we are not stinkin' rich!

I have a business opportunity for you. Have you heard of Amway? If you get three people and they get three people and they get three people, you'll be rich!

cougjunkie 04-07-2007 02:33 AM

If your wife needs a good loan officer let me know :)

BlueHair 04-07-2007 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 71191)
If your wife needs a good loan officer let me know :)

Why? Do you know one? ;)

bluegoose 04-08-2007 03:58 AM

Quote:

I was in the exact same position last year and am hopeful that the IRS gods are pleased once again this year to allow me the same blessing.

BarbaraGordon 04-11-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

After thinking that we would owe several thousand dollars, it is nice to get a little money back. I have been perfecting my shirtless Swayze jump of happiness all day today.

Now I just have to go out and spend it because we didn't expect it.

Well, I have to thank you, Mr. Star...your luck must be contagious! I just finished ours and we get a refund (in spite of our fears that we'd owe a small fortune).

Unfortunately, I have been informed that I will not be spending it and instead we will be doing something "responsible" like putting it in the kid's college fund. Sheesh. how uncool.