cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lady Cougars (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   womens soccer (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29475)

Archaea 10-05-2015 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueK (Post 320452)
That was BYU's first game playing without Ashley Hatch. Maybe it took them a while to adjust. Gonzaga's keeper also had a great game with 8 saves. They played better against Portland a couple of nights later.

Why were they playing without Hatch? Is she injured or playing for the national team?

MikeWaters 10-05-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 320454)
Why were they playing without Hatch? Is she injured or playing for the national team?

She's the financial clerk in her ward and was late on her quarterly report, had to get it done that night.

BlueK 10-05-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 320454)

Out 4-6 weeks with knee injury.

Archaea 10-05-2015 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueK (Post 320456)
Out 4-6 weeks with knee injury.

Apparently she injured it in the Oregon State game and didn't know about it until after an MRI.

Drats.

BlueK 10-26-2015 02:32 PM

I think they've been missing Hatch out there. She would command so much attention from the other team that it would open up everyone else for BYU. Hunt was also out for the last couple of games. She should be back for the next one and even Hatch is rumored to possibly be back for the next game.

Archaea 10-26-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueK (Post 320514)
I think they've been missing Hatch out there. She would command so much attention from the other team that it would open up everyone else for BYU. Hunt was also out for the last couple of games. She should be back for the next one and even Hatch is rumored to possibly be back for the next game.

This past week was their worst of the season, a loss and a draw. Hopefully the Committee notices that was without its stars.

BlueK 10-26-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 320515)
This past week was their worst of the season, a loss and a draw. Hopefully the Committee notices that was without its stars.

Both USF and SCU have pretty good rpi's though. In the world of NCAA D1 womens soccer they would be considered good opponents. It's not a huge problem as long as BYU wins the last three. If Hatch can play in all or at least one of the games coming up and she's expected to be back for the NCAAs, and if BYU plays well when she comes back, then the selection committee will likely count that in BYU's favor.

Archaea 11-02-2015 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueK (Post 320517)
Both USF and SCU have pretty good rpi's though. In the world of NCAA D1 womens soccer they would be considered good opponents. It's not a huge problem as long as BYU wins the last three. If Hatch can play in all or at least one of the games coming up and she's expected to be back for the NCAAs, and if BYU plays well when she comes back, then the selection committee will likely count that in BYU's favor.

Ashley Hatch hasn't played though I saw that her younger sister played. Any news when she will come back. I realize the committee takes into consideration temporary loss of key players.

BlueK 11-03-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 320528)
Ashley Hatch hasn't played though I saw that her younger sister played. Any news when she will come back. I realize the committee takes into consideration temporary loss of key players.

Now I read somewhere that they're hoping Hatch can play in the NCAA tournament but she just started rehab and it depends on how that goes.

BlueK 11-09-2015 04:51 PM

Congratulations to BYU womens soccer: WCC champions!

And Ashley Hatch is back. She played in the 4-1 win over St. Mary's Saturday. Now the NCAA releases its brackets later today. BYU should get at least one home game, and hopefully a top 4 seed. Hatch being back in time for the tournament and the team having played very well in her first game back on Saturday could get BYU some favorable treatment from the committee.