cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Were you spanked by your parents? (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19077)

MikeWaters 05-02-2008 09:29 PM

Were you spanked by your parents?

poll

cougjunkie 05-02-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 216763)
poll

I was always grounded instead of spanked. I was however spanked once and that was for a good reason.

TripletDaddy 05-02-2008 09:37 PM

Yes, and I hated it.

The only thing it accomplished was that it made me resentful and upset.

I have never really understood corporal punishment.

When little babies make mistakes, we dont hit them.

When our fellow adults make mistakes, we don't hit them.

When our elders make mistakes, we don't hit them.

For whatever reason, when kids make mistakes, we hit them.

TripletDaddy 05-02-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 216770)
I was always grounded instead of spanked. I was however spanked once and that was for a good reason.

I was grounded a lot, too, but never those monster 2 month deals that some kids received.

My mom wised up and started taking stuff away. That got my attention quickly. By HS, it was pretty simple...if I misbheaved...no car, no money, no going out, etc....consequently, I did not misbehave much in HS.

The longest punishment I received was 2 weeks. My friend and I were about 12 and we started a small bonfire in the garage with newspapers. We are running around it, jumping over it, etc...having a great time.

All of a sudden, the garage door opens and my mom and step-dad drive up from work. I really got it that time...and was grounded.

If it were me today, I have to say, the thought of pulling up to my garage door and seeing a small bonfire inside as the garage door opens would freak me out, too. No wonder they were so pissed.

Jeff Lebowski 05-02-2008 09:41 PM

Rarely. And only when I deserved it. I said an awful thing to my mother one day (in my late teens) and my dad kicked my ass so hard that I literally flew across the room. Oddly enough, I actually respected him for that.

MikeWaters 05-02-2008 09:43 PM

you might be able to guess I was pretty good at pushing my parents' buttons.

NorCal Cat 05-02-2008 09:43 PM

Do you ever spank your kids?

eom

MikeWaters 05-02-2008 09:44 PM

I'm sorry. I really did LOL at this.

MikeWaters 05-02-2008 09:47 PM

As the oldest, I also felt in addition to my parents, it was my duty to keep my brothers in line. I was never formally assigned this responsibility. You shouldn't have to be asked in all things. So I jumped to the responsibility.

marsupial 05-02-2008 10:17 PM

My mom whacked me hard across the face once and it left a mark. I stayed home from school that day so that my teacher didn't call DCFS on her.