cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   I am wuapinmon (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25748)

Tex 02-08-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuapinmon (Post 309899)
Screw that, indeed; I was trying to be magnanimous. People speak very highly of you and the unfortunate circumstances of their departure. Being innocent of what happened, I thought I should come see what you were about. I was naive and thought that you'd be civil instead of misanthropic. If this still pisses you off after a year...maybe it's the latter, and your detractors were not off base.

Mike's got some understandably raw feelings about the situation, wuap. You might too if a handful of folks co-opted 90% of your community, and did it right in front of your face.

If you want to participate here, probably best not to talk about reconciliation and how magnanimous you are. Just post your opinions, have discussions, and leave the topic alone.

wuapinmon 02-08-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 309902)
"your detractors." Funny.

What pisses me off is people coming over here telling me how to act and feel. What pisses me off is when my personal information is shared with people on that other site. What pisses me off is when people who were never here on this site, reveal that they know personal information about me, and come over here and tell me what a dumbass I am for staying here and not going over there.

I'm not sure if you're referring to me or not. If so, I think it's a bit of a mischaracterization of my intent and words. If not, then thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'll not mention it again, here or there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 309903)
Mike's got some understandably raw feelings about the situation, wuap. You might too if a handful of folks co-opted 90% of your community, and did it right in front of your face.

If you want to participate here, probably best not to talk about reconciliation and how magnanimous you are. Just post your opinions, have discussions, and leave the topic alone.

Agreed, but I hadn't mentioned it until it was brought back up; I was trying to participate genuinely, and not motivated by some under-handed 'CUF Hometeacher' kind of way. I'm not talking about it anymore. However, I reserve the right to talk about how awesome and magnanimous I am whenever the mood strikes.

Archaea 02-08-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuapinmon (Post 309931)
I'm not sure if you're referring to me or not. If so, I think it's a bit of a mischaracterization of my intent and words. If not, then thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'll not mention it again, here or there.

Agreed, but I hadn't mentioned it until it was brought back up; I was trying to participate genuinely, and not motivated by some under-handed 'CUF Hometeacher' kind of way. I'm not talking about it anymore. However, I reserve the right to talk about how awesome and magnanimous I am whenever the mood strikes.

Mike doesn't make nice unnecessarily.

And Robin thinks I'm an a..hole, just fair warning.

Tex 02-08-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuapinmon (Post 309931)
However, I reserve the right to talk about how awesome and magnanimous I am whenever the mood strikes.

Sure you can, though that won't exactly distinguish you from the rest of us.

wuapinmon 02-09-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 309939)
Mike doesn't make nice unnecessarily.

And Robin thinks I'm an a..hole, just fair warning.

Well, I'm morbidly obese. I've heard he's not fond of that either, but I'm not worried.

As for Robin thinking you're an <redacted>, well, he thinks the same thing of me, so fair warning. However, I think that's a compliment coming from him. I know that Robin is persona non grata around these parts, so I won't mention him again.