cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Barry Bonds broke the HR record (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10725)

YOhio 08-08-2007 03:53 AM

Barry Bonds broke the HR record

I hope he doesn't go and get a big head because of this.

MikeWaters 08-08-2007 03:54 AM

what, did you say something?

YOhio 08-08-2007 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 110702)
what, did you say something?

Are you pretending Barry Bonds doesn't exist?

ute4ever 08-08-2007 04:00 AM

Does he leave the game now and go home, like he did before last night's game ended and like he does before 50% of his team's games end, or do you think he will he stay for the whole thing tonight?

GO A-ROD GO

Jeff Lebowski 08-08-2007 04:09 AM

I remember vividly when Hank Aaron broke the previous record. It was magical. The entire nation was enthralled. Does anybody give a rat's ass about Barry Bonds and this record? I don't.

cougjunkie 08-08-2007 04:21 AM

Did barry bonds use steroids? I dont know, does evidence point to the fact that he probably did? Yes. But if it is so obvious that he cheated then why are we on our 3rd grand jury, why has George Mitchell the MLBs private investigator been at it for over a year, as well as many other investigators and the only inkling of evidence is a leaked grand jury testimony, yet he is still playing, he still just broke the record and we still have no indictment?

You cant tell me that he was the one player that covered his tracks that well, especially when all of BALCO went down.

So until it is proven without a shadow of a doubt I will enjoy the moment and know that i just watched history be made.

Barry Lamar Bonds is the greatest homerun hitter to ever live.

YOhio 08-08-2007 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 110714)
Did barry bonds use steroids? I dont know, does evidence point to the fact that he probably did? Yes. But if it is so obvious that he cheated then why are we on our 3rd grand jury, why has George Mitchell the MLBs private investigator been at it for over a year, as well as many other investigators and the only inkling of evidence is a leaked grand jury testimony, yet he is still playing, he still just broke the record and we still have no indictment?

You cant tell me that he was the one player that covered his tracks that well, especially when all of BALCO went down.

So until it is proven without a shadow of a doubt I will enjoy the moment and know that i just watched history be made.

He cheated on his wife. How can you ever cheer for an adulterer?

Jeff Lebowski 08-08-2007 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 110714)

The steroid issue is only one of several reasons I don't like Barry Bonds. Most homeruns? Yes. Greatest? Not to me.

Surfah 08-08-2007 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOhio (Post 110715)
He cheated on his wife. How can you ever cheer for an adulterer?

The Kobe argument. I love it.

A-Rod will be revered until Canseco's new book drops and he's indicted for steroid use too.

FMCoug 08-08-2007 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski (Post 110712)
I remember vividly when Hank Aaron broke the previous record. It was magical. The entire nation was enthralled. Does anybody give a rat's ass about Barry Bonds and this record? I don't.

It was a different time. Baseball was much bigger. And you didn't have all the media choices you do now. The fact that Barry is Barry doesn't help but I don't think you'll see that kind of attention again regardless.