cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Steroid Suspects (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10754)

SteelBlue 08-09-2007 06:03 AM

Steroid Suspects

All of this Bonds talk has me thinking about the best players in sports in the 90's and early 2000's. Remember, for a long time Conti's steroids were undetectable. Who makes your list as possible/probable users? There are two that I've long suspected:

1) Roger Clemens- Beefed up, leaned out and won 3 Cy Young's after leaving the Sox as an aging, out of shape ineffective pitcher at 34.

2) Dennis Rodman- The guy doubled in size, developed a huge acne problem and had inexplicable fits of rage on the court at times.

Another is that guy Anderson on the Orioles who jacked 50 HR's around the time of the McGwire/Sosa race then disappeared.

creekster 08-09-2007 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 111154)
All of this Bonds talk has me thinking about the best players in sports in the 90's and early 2000's. Remember, for a long time Conti's steroids were undetectable. Who makes your list as possible/probable users? There are two that I've long suspected:

1) Roger Clemens- Beefed up, leaned out and won 3 Cy Young's after leaving the Sox as an aging, out of shape ineffective pitcher at 34.

2) Dennis Rodman- The guy doubled in size, developed a huge acne problem and had inexplicable fits of rage on the court at times.

Another is that guy Anderson on the Orioles who jacked 50 HR's around the time of the McGwire/Sosa race then disappeared.

Are you limiting this to baseball or do you extend it to track? FLo-Jo for example.

SteelBlue 08-09-2007 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 111155)
Are you limiting this to baseball or do you extend it to track? FLo-Jo for example.

Anyone in sports.

Surfah 08-09-2007 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 111162)
Anyone in sports.

Anyone in sports period is a suspect IMO. Beginning at the high school level too. I know guys on my own high school football team that would cycle several different steroids that they'd buy from vets and pharmacies in Tijuana. I guess that's why I am not as disgusted with Bonds as the rest of you.

Jeff Lebowski 08-09-2007 03:00 PM

Jason Buck?

SeattleUte 08-09-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekster (Post 111155)

Flo-Jo. A middling trackster then had a baby and appeared totally done. I'd add more but don't want to speak ill of the dead.

MikeWaters 08-09-2007 04:17 PM

Lyle Alzado.

Bill Romanowski.

cougjunkie 08-10-2007 12:43 AM

I have personally seen a former BYU player that now plays in the NFL shoot himself up with steroids.

Ma'ake 08-10-2007 02:49 AM

Speaking of Y players & steroids

In the 70s I lived near a BYU linebacker, who was a few years older than me.

He came home from the Y once & made an appearance in the ward house gym while we were playing hoops.

He looked like the incredible hulk, it looked like he had balloons under his skin.

I hope his health is good.

pelagius 08-10-2007 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 111210)
Lyle Alzado.

Bill Romanowski.

Romanowski? I don't see how he is a suspect since he has admitted to using a whole host of drugs including THG from Balco in his book.