cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   This is why I think Mitt Romney is who we need running this country... (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14484)

DJRoss 11-30-2007 06:21 AM

This is why I think Mitt Romney is who we need running this country...

he understands what it means to be a true servant of the people: No fanfare, no media opportunities to serve an inflated ego. Just THIS!

Indy Coug 11-30-2007 01:01 PM

Jeff Fuller's (the blogger) brother was in my ward in Indy. Not that anyone else cares...

JohnnyLingo 11-30-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJRoss (Post 157337)
he understands what it means to be a true servant of the people: No fanfare, no media opportunities to serve an inflated ego. Just THIS!

But... but... he supports Gitmo so he's sold his soul to the devil!

And he'll do or say anything to get elected!

His lack of moral fiber really disappoints me.

Go Huckabee!

[/Waters]

MikeWaters 11-30-2007 02:11 PM

I think that the Pat Robertson crowd is really turning off indepdenent voters, and when they see someone like Romney so cravenly pandering to 700-club viewing types, they take in the message "this is not the party of my peers."

Goodbye Republican Revolution.

JohnnyLingo 11-30-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 157353)
I think that the Pat Robertson crowd is really turning off indepdenent voters, and when they see someone like Romney so cravenly pandering to 700-club viewing types, they take in the message "this is not the party of my peers."

What does this have to do with DJRoss' post?

Helping someone clean up their yard is cravenly pandering to 700-club viewing types? Or do you need to create your own thread?

jay santos 11-30-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeWaters (Post 157353)

I haven't been paying a lot of attention, but this looks like it's going to kill Romney. He has to have the Religious Right on his side, but to get them on his side, he's going to have to expend a lot of energy doing it, and by doing so, he alienates everyone else. Much easier to have the Religious Right already on your side by being a Baptist from Georgia and then just focus on getting everyone else on your side.

SeattleUte 11-30-2007 03:37 PM

So far the absolute worst moment of this campaign has been Romney (the lifelong gun owner of one year raised in a masion) lecturing McCain that he has no standing to say waterboarding is torture. That cost him a lot of votes.

MikeWaters 11-30-2007 03:40 PM

It's interesting how Romney can dig in someone's yard purely for service and not for public attention (yet mysteriously this humble deed is finding circulation in viral fashion) and suddenly he has the common touch, he is a man of the people, he is humble, etc.

SeattleUte 11-30-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJRoss (Post 157337)

Please...Get out the boots.

YOhio 11-30-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleUte (Post 157385)
So far the absolute worst moment of this campaign has been Romney (the lifelong gun owner of one year raised in a masion) lecturing McCain that he has no standing to say waterboarding is torture. That cost him a lot of votes.

I'm not sure it was as bad as you say, but McCain definitely got the best of him on this point: