cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Wade Phillips as the new Cowboys coach. (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6475)

SteelBlue 02-09-2007 03:35 AM

Wade Phillips as the new Cowboys coach.

If I were a Cowboy fan I'd be upset. How is it playing out in the Dallas area? My guess is it's going over like a fart in church.

il Padrino Ute 02-09-2007 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 59534)
If I were a Cowboy fan I'd be upset. How is it playing out in the Dallas area? My guess is it's going over like a fart in church.

Well, if it's High Council Sunday, it's probably a good thing.

danimal 02-09-2007 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelBlue (Post 59534)

I just watched the news here and people generally seem upset about the choice. Turner was the favorite. Phillips doesn't seem to have much charisma.

livecoug 02-09-2007 04:31 AM

I don't know why Turner woulda made people happier.. both are old and recycled coaches.. get some young blood Dallas!

il Padrino Ute 02-09-2007 04:34 AM

Do folks in Dallas not like him because he's Bum's kid?

Everybody join in: "We're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers #1!"

RockyBalboa 02-09-2007 05:09 AM

I don't like the choice.

I wouldn't have liked the choice for Norv Turner.

I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan and I think this choice sucks and Dallas will be worse for it.

DrumNFeather 02-09-2007 12:14 PM

It's a great choice if you are in the NFC East.

Perhaps Wade will surprise everyone and do well...but I think that most of the "experts" are right when they say that he is keeping the seat warm while Jason Garrett gets his feet wet as an offensive coordinator.

I heard a clip of his press conference this morning. Sounds like he took a few shots at Bill Parcells...nothing like taking on a hall of famer when you haven't won anything.

RockyBalboa 02-09-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumNFeather (Post 59583)
It's a great choice if you are in the NFC East.

Perhaps Wade will surprise everyone and do well...but I think that most of the "experts" are right when they say that he is keeping the seat warm while Jason Garrett gets his feet wet as an offensive coordinator.

I heard a clip of his press conference this morning. Sounds like he took a few shots at Bill Parcells...nothing like taking on a hall of famer when you haven't won anything.

When asked about Terrell Owens....Phillips refereed to him as Terrell Owens.....and he said..."First of all, I don't handle players, I work with them. Terrell Owens is a part of the Dallas Cowboys family and thus will be treated like family. Notice that I said used his name"

Reporters started laughing because Parcells refused to ever refer to T.O. by his name, he just referred to him as "That Player" or "Number 81".

So some in the media took Phillips comments as taking a thinly veiled and humorous shot at Parcells way of handling T.O.