cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other College Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   BYU Hockey Fight (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13881)

SoonerCoug 11-14-2007 03:58 AM

BYU Hockey Fight

I loved going to BYU hockey games while I was in school there. Really fun to watch BYU v. Utah.

This clip of BYU v. UNC brought back memories.

hyrum 11-14-2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoonerCoug (Post 150227)
I loved going to BYU hockey games while I was in school there. Really fun to watch BYU v. Utah.

I didn't know fine young men fought during sporting events.
Dropping the gloves for the Lord?

Goatnapper'96 11-14-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Hockey was one of the few sports Army was competitive in, those games were a blast to go watch. My favorite was every year when the Royal Military College fron Canadia came south and we would open a can of whoopass and mount the mounties!

Zulu451 12-07-2007 03:32 AM

For the semester that I went to BYU post mission, my roommate played for the hockey team. It was a blast to go to the games.

TripletDaddy 12-07-2007 03:39 AM

Quote:

We have a hockey team? Seriously? What year was that? I have zero recollection of a hockey team, let alone hockey vs Utah. Was it D1 hockey, as in "The Frozen Four?"

TripletDaddy 12-07-2007 03:40 AM

Judging from the crowd in the clip, it looks like nobody else knows we have a hockey team either.

cougjunkie 12-07-2007 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 160431)
We have a hockey team? Seriously? What year was that? I have zero recollection of a hockey team, let alone hockey vs Utah. Was it D1 hockey, as in "The Frozen Four?"

I actually think the Hockey team is like Mens Soccer and its a club team.

TripletDaddy 12-07-2007 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 160446)
I actually think the Hockey team is like Mens Soccer and its a club team.

I had zero clue we have a hockey team. Does CB have a BYU hockey category? Where do they play? The only ice skating I remember from when I was at school was that open air rink out on Utah Lake. I think I went to a ward activity there once.

cougjunkie 12-07-2007 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripletDaddy (Post 160450)
I had zero clue we have a hockey team. Does CB have a BYU hockey category? Where do they play? The only ice skating I remember from when I was at school was that open air rink out on Utah Lake. I think I went to a ward activity there once.

7 peaks built a new ice arena a few years ago. They play there. Jefe must not be a hockey fan, because CB does not have a college hockey category. I believe BYUs hockey team is called the Ice Cats.

TripletDaddy 12-07-2007 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cougjunkie (Post 160452)
7 peaks built a new ice arena a few years ago. They play there. Jefe must not be a hockey fan, because CB has not college hockey category. I believe BYUs hockey team is called the Ice Cats.

IceCats? then for sure they are not D1, but club.

I know that 7 peaks arena. they were building it for the olympics while I was finishing law school. My wife and I lived in these townhomes on the corner of Center and 9th East, just blocks from the place you are talking about. we played indoor soccer there, though, no ice rink. I need to go check that out.