cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board

cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/index.php)
-   Professional Sports (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bryan Kehl, prospects (http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18188)

MikeWaters 04-01-2008 09:09 PM

Bryan Kehl, prospects

Quote:

Kehl didn't get much attention outside of the WAC
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=68185

TheSizzle36 04-01-2008 09:35 PM

Kehl is talented, but I doubt he is a first round guy. If the draft still had three rounds on day 1, I'd maybe buy it, but not in the first two rounds. Not a single mock draft I've read has him going in the first three rounds. So unless his stock has risen...

MikeWaters 04-01-2008 09:38 PM

3rd round at highest I would think. 4th round more probable. I think 6th round would be a surprise.

il Padrino Ute 04-01-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 (Post 204049)
Kehl is talented, but I doubt he is a first round guy. If the draft still had three rounds on day 1, I'd maybe buy it, but not in the first two rounds. Not a single mock draft I've read has him going in the first three rounds. So unless his stock has risen...

Kehl was a great player, but it looks like the speculation that he'd go in round 3 is from the snippet from the Daily Herald.

Is Dickie Harmon writing for that paper again?

RockyBalboa 04-01-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute (Post 204055)
Kehl was a great player, but it looks like the speculation that he'd go in round 3 is from the snippet from the Daily Herald.

Is Dickie Harmon writing for that paper again?

It's a solid possibility Kehl could go in the 3rd round regardless of who the writer is.

TheSizzle36 04-02-2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa (Post 204131)
It's a solid possibility Kehl could go in the 3rd round regardless of who the writer is.

FWIW, I think Kehl is probably a 2nd to 3rd round talent. He always seemed to make plays when he was on the field. He'll be missed. However, I don't think that a lot of scouts have seen enough of Kehl, or enough of Kehl against big time competition to warrant picking him that high.

Honestly, I think Kehl will stick in the league, worst case scenario as a stud ST player. Best case scenario I think he can be a starting LBer. In all honesty, IMO, Kehl is probably the most talented defender to come out of BYU in the last 10 years. I would include Rob Morris in that one, as I think Kehl is a better player than Morris.

The Borg 04-02-2008 03:50 AM

I agree with faSizzle.

Kehl will stick. I can see him making the special teams the first year and I am just gonna looove seeing him fly down on kickoff coverage, and go flying over the wall to drill the kick returner.

He's gonna be good.

MikeWaters 04-02-2008 03:53 AM

I don't see him as a star in the NFL. I don't see him as a everydown pass-rusher or run stopper.

I see him as a special teams player and someone who comes in pass defense situations.

You look at the better than average OLBs in the NFL, and they are beasts. Kehl is not a beast. He may become stronger, better technique, etc, but I don't see it right now.

The Borg 04-02-2008 03:55 AM

You may be right on that analysis. However, that guys got smarts, speed and athleticism...how do you keep him off?

Couldn't he be after the "Urlacher" type mold? Urlacher was a "lobo-back" or whatever it was he did....he wasn't massively huge...just fast, mean, and hits.....kinda like Kehl.

MikeWaters 04-02-2008 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Borg (Post 204190)
You may be right on that analysis. However, that guys got smarts, speed and athleticism...how do you keep him off?

Couldn't he be after the "Urlacher" type mold? Urlacher was a "lobo-back" or whatever it was he did....he wasn't massively huge...just fast, mean, and hits.....kinda like Kehl.

I don't think Kehl has nearly the power of an Urlacher. I don't think Kehl could ever sniff the MLB position in the NFL.